Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, hope the occupants got out alright. Leaf springs seem to end up that way on DP more than others. Live and learn... Hope the CJ gets back into shape soon. Again, hope the owner is ok.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

The couple in the CJ were OK and not too bummed about the mis-hap. The CJ had a lot of damage for just a 1/2 roll - the front roll cage, winshild, doors, hood and fenders all took a hit. It started right up afterwards.

I'm not sure a winch point is nessasary at this point. But it is pretty challenging to get a stockish vehicle up righ now. The center route gets you high centered, and the left route has 3 new big rocks that would give 31's a fun time. Can't wait to go back.

Comment

I flopped in the same spot back 2009. Not to bad only around $10,000 in damage!

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
          any shots from the bottom looking up? just rant his a month or so ago, and dont remember anything there
          IM guessing the shorter wheel base makes for a sketchier attempt. Me, yourself and even Miguel went up it no problem. Granted, i was the only one who went up the waterfall, it was more sketchy coming off of it at the top to transfer over to the middle section of the trail.

Comment

Its a tough spot. I wheel with longer wheel base guys >104" and we get tippy at the top to middle section like boostamante is talking about. My friend has a flop a little while ago right on top. Its a fun little thing to climb but it seems its getting worse each year.
            KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

I wheeled it earlier this year in my GC right at the same spot i dont remember it being that tippy or aggressive throwing the pucker factor at all. Glad nobody got hurt just there pride maybe

Comment

Originally posted by boostamante View Post
                IM guessing the shorter wheel base makes for a sketchier attempt. Me, yourself and even Miguel went up it no problem. Granted, i was the only one who went up the waterfall, it was more sketchy coming off of it at the top to transfer over to the middle section of the trail.
                You mean Miguel with the YJ and Mall Terrains?
                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                  You mean Miguel with the YJ and Mall Terrains?
                  Seriously Sean? My barbie jeep doesn't like the mall

Comment

Just messing with you man.
                    Just pointing out that we had a SWB rig on that run and you had no issues
                    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

I took another run up Dishpan today - The trail is definatly getting better. Below are a few pictures of the easiest route. I think a stockish vehicle would have a good time on this rail now.

Comment

Might need to go up there and slay the dragon tomorrow. Have not tried the new auto on the waterfall yet.
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

no more scraping the tree but thats a good sized rock in there! looks fun!
                          KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Working...
                          X