Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Mottino Night Run

We had a fun run last night with 16 jeeps. We had a few mechanical problems.
    Jonah had a gas leak but got it fixed and continued on. Chuck had a bad rear axle bearing and had to turn around and head back to Big Bear. Kurt had a electrical problem and had to turn around and head back. Mike went with Kurt to make sure he made it back. We ran Mottino without any problems,but for one flat tire.

After Mottino most of the group headed home and 5 of us went to explore an old mine ranch that was real cool. (need to go back in the daylight). Then we headed back up through Jupiter springs CG to 1N01. Jonah stop at the top of the mountian and spent the night. The rest of us headed home.

Only a couple of pictures, but maybe others have more.

IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Thanks for a super fun night run curtis.We pulled in at 3;45 and dove in the sack.To bad only 5 of us stayed to see some really cool stuff oh well thanks again .Cant wait till the next one ???????How was the view last night jonah.

Comment

Check out those new tires... pay no attention to the man under the jeep.

Thanks to Curtis for a fun run. That was my first night run and it was great. Thanks to all that helped my get my leaky gas fitting sorted. Had a blast in Mottino! I saw some flashes going so I hope there will be some photos from someone.

After the runI set up camp, enjoyed the awesome view of the valley for a while then got a few hours sleep. It got pretty cold by morning, 32. I brought my light sleeping bag so it was a bit chilly but the sunrise was definitely worth it.

Went into Fawnskin to the North Shore Cafe for a bite and to see if anyone was around. I was there for about 1.5 hours and didn't see anyone going towards the trails so I decided to head home. When I got to the 18/330 split I decided to go home via silverwood lake and since cleghorn is right there I decided I might as well take that instead of the highway. Messed around there for a while, hit a couple of the more fun spots both directions. Ran into a few groups. Walked up pucker hill, that thing is steep and the ledge in the middle is really steep. Decided to not to drive up that one.

Then back to HB.

Not many pics:

Sunrise

Camp

Cleg (can't wait 'til it is muddy again)

Comment

Freakin Chrysler electrical connectors. A tie wrap or two took care of the problem for now. Can't find the connector aftermarket so off to get screwed by the dealer...
        Even though I didn't get to do Mottino I'm glad everyone else got to. Have to go back now for sure. Thanks Curtis. Next time you go I'll be there.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Had a great time. My passenger, had never been on a night run before, and it was only his 2nd crawling trip. He had a blast. The way he was talk'n, I think the jeep'n bug may be crawling into his system. We'll see. Glad I only popped a bead and not ruined another tire. Thanks Jonah for helping me pop it back on. I wanted to go with the group that stayed. I ended up at tail end. When I caught up to the group, when it split. I didn't know what group was what. I was told I was following the group that was heading for the road. So, I turned around, to catch the other group. Another jeep was heading toward me. It was Dan(Dcope). We talked. He thought the group I left was the one that was go'n to the old mine. So, I turned around again. He had fun bombing the road, try'n to catch the group. We finally found them, at the road, airing up. Bummer. I wanted to check out the mine. Oh well, maybe next time. Still had a great time tho. No Pics from me. sorry.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Sorry Joe and Dan about getting seperated from us. That was a big screw up on my part.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

We had a great time last night. Thanks for leading, Curtis. I definitely need to go back to see the trail in the daylight.

This was only the 3rd time my wife has joined me on the trail in 9 1/2 yrs of owning my Jeep, and was the first non dirt road type trail for her. She had a lot of fun and enjoyed meeting you all. Thanks again!
              "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Sorry that I didn't make the run with everyone, but I'm glad that I followed Kurt back out. He had another stall about 100 feet after everyone went on down the trail. The fix that he did got him off the trail, but he had a couple of suspense spots along the way back after we got to the pavement. Regardless, he made it home and I had a great day in the mtns.

What time did you guys get off the trail?
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Sorry I missed the run everyone! While yall were having fun on Saturday night I headed out Friday for 4 fund days of wheeling with Tom Severin and crew up near Lone Pine and up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains 11,000 feet at one point...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Sorry that I didn't make the run with everyone, but I'm glad that I followed Kurt back out. He had another stall about 100 feet after everyone went on down the trail. The fix that he did got him off the trail, but he had a couple of suspense spots along the way back after we got to the pavement. Regardless, he made it home and I had a great day in the mtns.

What time did you guys get off the trail?
                    The fix is in. The plug at the rear of the Coil rail was broken. A new one from Chrysler set me back $31.00 and an hour of labor to install. I added 6 inches of pig tail to take the stress off the plug when removing the coil bar so it shouldn't break again. Of course I need to stop letting Auggie drive my Jeep through 4 foot deep mud holes at 40 mph. That should help as well...
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                      The fix is in. The plug at the rear of the Coil rail was broken. A new one from Chrysler set me back $31.00 and an hour of labor to install. I added 6 inches of pig tail to take the stress off the plug when removing the coil bar so it shouldn't break again. Of course I need to stop letting Auggie drive my Jeep through 4 foot deep mud holes at 40 mph. That should help as well...
                      Glad that you got that repaired. The extra room is a good idea because I am sure that Auggie is going to want to drive your Jeep again! :wink:
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

No worries Curtis. I got to run enough trails to last me for a little while.
                        Ram assist, in cab winch control and A/C compressor switch are on the to do list before I get out again.

Comment

Working...
                        X