Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Rockin' The Rubicon!

WOW! I literally walked in the door back from an awesome 5 days on the Rubicon with some good friends over the weekend of the 4th. It was a total spurr of the moment, drop whatcher' doin' and go wheelin' trip that was sooo damn nice, im thinking I need to pack up and move closer to the place. Pictures to follow when I get the DV cam downloaded with our video we shot including " Carnage on the Con" courtesy of the local Pirates.... Rubicon Pirates that is! The trail was tough and our party had 6 rigs, (1) TJ Rubicon with a 6" long arm RE lift, (2) YJ's with 4 & 6" Skyjacker lifts & (3) XJ Cherokees 2 with long arm RE 5" lifts and (1) that was nearly stock on 31's! Yes the stock XJ with under body armour completed the whole trail from Loon Lake to the Tahoe side without any real damage.... All I can say is it's all about the driver & spotter team!
    Bring lots of bugjuice insect spray because yer' gonna' need it bad. The place is crawling with mosquitos this year and the fact that we had snow, rain, hail & lightning every day made it slipery and muddy fun. Merlin the camp host is still running the Rubicon Springs campground and there were lots of choice spots along the river. Weather was 40's to lower 50's @ night with temps in the high 70's & 80's daytime. Clear or partly cloudy nights with clear mornings and cloudy thunderstorms afternoons (From 1 to 4 PM & typical for Sierra Summers).
    Tough spots will be: The Little Sluce #1, Gate Keeper #2, Spider Lake Shoreline #3 near Little Sluce, Cadillac Hill #4, Big Sluce #5, Water crossing & mud bog @ Rubicon Springs#6 (water was 4-5 Ft deep), Walker rock #7 (& trail just before you get to walker). Some has changed from last year so with the rigs we had, we did all but Little Sluce with them and one of the XJ's broke a common part so BRING SPARE PARTS/FLUIDS (we did).
    Pics to follow soon....
    Rubicon Rick
    " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
    Rick W6RE

VERY COOL!! Can't wait to see your pics, it sounds like that weather really sucked Was it as bad as it sounds?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I cant tell you guys how excited I am AGAIN to run the Rubicon

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Weather was awesome most of the time but in the afternoons beware of the thunderheads that roll through the area for about 3 or so hrs in the afternoon. Im getting the Pics loaded onto the pc as I type this so I can upload some of them. I also want to choose one for my icon I guess. Maybe when the others from our trip send me the film pics, I can post the one out of the little sluice where I got some 6 ft of air on my front Left tire before comming back down safely without a scratch.... Whew! my puckerhole was kinda tight on that one cause I thought she was goin' over for sure shiney side down but I managed to hang onto it! All you who are going next week are gonna' love it! Take lots of Pics is all I gotta say.
        " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
        Rick W6RE

Comment

Working...
        X