Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Adventure Pass

Some a-hole stole my annual hang tag pass last weekend. Does anyone know if they sell stickers or perhaps how you secure yours so it cant be stolen? Luckily they undid the the netting and climbed in vs breaking or cutting anything.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Hatch View Post
    Some a-hole stole my annual hang tag pass last weekend. Does anyone know if they sell stickers or perhaps how you secure yours so it cant be stolen? Luckily they undid the the netting and climbed in vs breaking or cutting anything.
    Thanks
    The annual Adventure Pass is a sticker.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I used a blank 4s cover plate (just ask for it in the electrical department at Home Depot) and a couple of counter-sunk flat head screws tapped into my tire carrier. The sticker fits perfect and the plate looks like it was designed there. If you look close at my avatar, it's the white square below and to the left of my spare.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. I did not realize there was a pull off sticker on the tag. Placing the sticker and cross cutting it should work too. The rangers mentioned just purchase it and keep it at home. I you do get a ticket, send in a photocopy. No penalty.

Comment

And that penalty will set you back a whopping $5...
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Do you still have the receipt for your pass or the tag #? if so, I would report it stolen. Would be worth it if they ever got caught
            An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Turn 62, buy a senior pass, never need to pay for an Adventure Pass Tax again
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Even if you get a ticket in not enforceable...
                '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Originally posted by GrimJeeper91 View Post
                  Even if you get a ticket in not enforceable...
                  Exactly. I quit purchasing them when I saw Angeles Crest Highway getting repaved several times, and the local trails only rebuilt by volunteers. I received a ticket once, and on advice of a friend, I ignored it. NEVER heard a thing about it.

Comment

At least some of the AP money has shown up in improvements in the SBNF. Get involved with MJR Adopt-A-Trail and be part of the solution.
                    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Working...
                    X