Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Rubicon Trail 2012

Well, we had a great trip and we had 17 Jeeps total. We had one roll over and two ripped off rear track bar mounts. We did tow one Jeep all the way from Rubicon Springs back to Loon Lake but still had fun. We had three of us from MJR show up so a lot of fun.
    Please enjoy the photos.
    Kevin AKA Red Rubicon
    http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AZtnDJo3cOGLiA

Jealous. I miss the 'Con.

Comment

Bummer I couldn't make it. Looks like a blast... Next month...

Comment

same here, I wish I could have gone! I can't wait to go sometime!
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Cool pics Kevin, gorgeous scenery. Brought your buddy Steve with his buggy out too eh.
          That little sluice thing looks like fun

Comment

Great pictures. Looks like a blast. I'm contemplating going back next year.
            Check out .

Comment

Sweet pics! I love that place.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey it was great seeing you guys! We ended up camping at the Springs another nite--- got back last nite--

A W E S O M E Trip!!!

Comment

Yeah Steve sold his jeep so only had his buggy and rolled over off a ledge but tore up little sluice and so did Whitey in his green TJ. We had a great trip . Hundy what happened with the white TJ??? Is it still at the start of the trail or did you get it out?
                  Fun times indeed up there.
                  Kevin

Comment

The TJ broke a track bar bracket off 30 minutes in from loon. We decided to go forward with my Jk and my buddies Grand Cherokee and fix/get it out on the way back. We welded and strapped it and limped it out Sunday morning and trailered it home. Still was a great trip! We left it un-attended there for 3 days, but no problem. It was great to spend a little time relaxing at the springs!

Comment

One thousand miles for 12 miles of trail.

I had a most excellent first Rubicon run with Kevin and the group. Thanks for including me in Kevin it was awesome.

Our trip out Cadillac hill was uneventful but slow. We got up there just in the nick of time. There was a group of twenty at the overlook just getting ready to go down. Said they were part of a bigger group of 90 coming down that afternoon. Would have hated meeting them half way up. Bunch of other rigs on the trail heading to go down Cadillac as we were going out.

I took these videos of playing on the trail. The rocks are Little Sluice. These two were the only ones to try it and they did good.

http://youtu.be/g0h4sbuI_yA

https://vimeo.com/45945992

https://vimeo.com/45945991

Mike
                      "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Great looking trip Kevin. Also great videos Mike. Nice to see a couple jeeps make it up little sluice.
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

You should have come with us Curtis. Mike did great and no I decided not to try Little Sluice as I value my jeep too much.

Comment

Hundy,

Your mail box needs cleaning. Did you see 90 or rigs roll into the Springs Friday or Saturday? It was pretty deserted when we stopped for lunch there.

Mike
                            "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Yes- That was an Auburn Jeep Club run. But we lucked out and missed them all at every turn. We had great (lucky!) timing! We actually encountered very little trail traffic the whole week. I think I pulled over 2 or 3 times to let peeps pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X