Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: MJR Big Bear Meet-n-Greet, Adopt-A-Trail

Another fantastic day in the SBNF. It was good seeing old faces and meeting new folks.

My pics can be seen at http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...e%2023%202012/
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

I'll get a list of the crew up later today. Thanks to all who participated. Looks like another awesome day in the Forest!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

We had a wonderful day in the forest! Ryan did an excellent job leading the trail run, with both him and Doug giving us updates and trail stories along the way. Our biggest thanks goes out to the trail crew leaders for organizing the run, sharing their knowledge with us, and for the countless hours spent on and off the trail - we have a wonderfully dedicated group!

We had 15 vehicles on the trail, and over 30 people who joined us. There was a lot of traffic on the trail but we were able to move along at a steady pace. Tammy was lucky enough to have one of the motorcyclists meet her front bumper up close hehe

The question that still remains though... is, what are we going to do with the proceeds!?!? hehehe!! (P.s. there weren't any, but next time J's gonna get right on that

I'll have some pics up later!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]I'm hoping that some of the group of newcomers will contact Sarah to get onto the official Adopt-a-Trail roster. Remember we can't have just anybody out there working because of the Insurance liability. We have to make you "official".

My question to everyone is...should we do this type of event again? Suggestions?
        [/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
          My question to everyone is...should we do this type of event again? Suggestions?
          IMO we should do it twice a year. Spring and Fall.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
            IMO we should do it twice a year. Spring and Fall.
            [COLOR="darkred"]It would be nice to have a couple a year. Assuming we have enough interest in a Fall M&G, would it bring more people out if we had a group camp locked on? I only ask because if we want to do that we better start planning now.

We really need the general MJR'rs opinion on this one. I'll camp on a HWY 18 turnout if necessary.
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Yep. My plan is to do it twice a year. If we continue to recruit eventually we will fill the ranks. So fid anyone confirm that the folks who showed up actually want to join? I have the rosyer/sign in sheet, but need to know if anyone committed. I spose ill pm everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                Yep. ...So fid anyone confirm that the folks who showed up actually want to join? I have the rosyer/sign in sheet, but need to know if anyone committed. I spose ill pm everyone.
                I know for sure Kevin's son Scotty wants in. He is planning on joining the work crew for this Saturday.

Which reminds me. Ryan said something about Sarah needs to list me somewhere as a leader before this Saturday. Unless of course one of the regular leaders are available Saturday...
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Ok. Again, Thanks to everyone that showed up at the Discovery Center this Saturday. It was a very good turn out and there were some new faces in the crowd. The first part of the MEET went well. Thanks again to Greg Hoffman for lending his time an knowledge to the gathering. I had to leave to another engagement so I didn't get to run the trail but I hear the trip was very good and uneventful. Unfortunately, there was an accident on the trail sometime that same day, not part of out group. Lets hope the injured parties are ok.

Here is a list of the folks that showed up. Since I was not there to get any more information, if any of the new people that came, who want to join the AAT group will please state so here so we can get the info we need and get you on the AAT roster it will be greatly appreciated.

Kurt Kauffman (rat)
                  Doug Guimond (Fishpoet)
                  Tammy Field (Jeepgal)
                  Jordan Kaylor (with Tammy)
                  Chris Field (duke69)
                  Rudolph Chambers
                  Rudolph Chambers, Jr
                  Nick Clark (USMC0369)
                  Ryan Primosch (hook&ladder)
                  Kathy Primosch (Mrs Commander)
                  JC Warner (4xgeotrails)
                  Roger Peterson (Roger aka Obiwan)
                  Dennis Matheson (GP4Play)
                  Erik Jordan (Nailer341)
                  Rick Jacobs (Rick)
                  Sarah Jacobs(sarah)
                  Scott Rittenhouse (Zoobi)
                  Bernie Rodriguez (werubiblue06)
                  Ronald Matheson
                  Danny Postiff (JK08)
                  Jon Chavez (2rustbuckets)
                  Kevin Putnam (1badfnz)
                  Scott Putnam (Scottymoto)
                  Ron griffo (bigbearwheeler)
                  Jason Williams (Jason)

My apologies if I misspelled any names; some of the scribble on the roster was hard to read
                  Again, thanks to all who participated. We will have another M&G sometime toward the end of the year and will continue to hold them twice a year so we can get the word out about our program.
                  I hope to ee you all out on the trail soon!

Comment

Thanks RAT for putting this run together. It was a great trail and I had a lot of fun. I always wonder who carves trails so it was good to meet a few poeple that helped get this trail in working order and back open again. I took about 450 phoros but deleted a 100 or so so below you will find the stills and the slide show.

Here is what I got. a ton of photos to go thru but there shoudl be a few action shots.

http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/...N93-6-23-2012/

and the slide show

http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Enjoy and thanks again for having me...

Danny
                    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                      [COLOR="darkred"]I really want to see your pics, but all I keep getting is the frontpage of photobucket telling me to make an account. Do I not know the secret handshake?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        I know for sure Kevin's son Scotty wants in. He is planning on joining the work crew for this Saturday.

Which reminds me. Ryan said something about Sarah needs to list me somewhere as a leader before this Saturday. Unless of course one of the regular leaders are available Saturday...
                        Scotty should already be on the roster. I've worked at least 1 trail day with him a couple years ago. Max pulled me as I pulled him as he pulled a trailer full of a couple tons of rocks:
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Hey Kurt,my son Ron and I are ready to inlist.Trying to talk my wife into going
                          Dennis and Tammy
                          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

I appreciate it guys, so much, but before you all go PM'ing me... please see here:
                            http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...-Adopt-A-Trail)

There are instructions and a link to request membership that will make my life a lot easier (by not having to manually edit each of your profiles

THANK YOU - YOU ROCK!!!
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                              Scotty should already be on the roster. I've worked at least 1 trail day with him a couple years ago. Max pulled me as I pulled him as he pulled a trailer full of a couple tons of rocks:
                              He's not but that is easily fixed.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X