Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Night runs

After the Hummer trail tampon thing I am itching for a few night runs.
    Choices Big Bear do a run both ways on Holcomb and John Bull. Some time this summer third annual Motino wash night run. One of Mikey's world famous Cougar Buttes night runs and for the diehards something at the Hammers at night, Spooners at night and Turkeyclaw last year was fun with the full moon for light.

Here are the full moon dates

Tue Jul 3 2012 I guess if enough peeps have the day of we could try a run on the 4 th of July, Cougar Buttes could work

Thu Aug 2 2012 The day after Friday night would be cool for a full moon run Hammers or something Big Bear

Fri Aug 31 2012 that Friday or Saturday pick a trail

Sun Sep 30 Chocy thunder needs to be revisited after all the abuse from KOH

Well Y'all chime in if you want to have some night time wheelin fun under a near full moon
    Last edited by aw12345; 06-10-12, 10:51 PM.

I'm down for the August or September ones! But not Hammers hah.

Comment

Down for hammers

Comment

I would be down four the 4 of July @ Couger Buttes.

Mike,

Comment

I like 8-2-12 for Motino.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
            I like 8-2-12 for Motino.
            Sounds like a plan to me Curtis.

Comment

Originally posted by JKrocks View Post
              I would be down four the 4 of July @ Couger Buttes.

Mike,
              Never done the buttes , I would to do a night run there but no way I can do the 4th

Comment

I'm definitely interested! I have a rule about not running trails for the first time in the dark (I'll tell you my PumpkinEater story sometime!), so the Hammers trails are probably out for me. I'll try to tune in to some dates as the plans firm up.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I'm definitely interested! I have a rule about not running trails for the first time in the dark (I'll tell you my PumpkinEater story sometime!), so the Hammers trails are probably out for me. I'll try to tune in to some dates as the plans firm up.
                  I seem to remember something about the pumkin eater story, wasn't Steve out there with his Purple Barney Jeep.
                  If I recall that was a very long night run that I didn't make, cause I was laid up from heat related illness from installing my terra lo in the blazing sun. Still pissed I missed that one.
                  Wanna know something funny though, last summer we did a Spooners night run, never ran it before seemed actually fairly easy ran it a few months later during the day and it kinda baffled us that we thought it was that easy in the dark

Comment

I'll keep an eye on this one and see where you end up. Motino at night sounds fun. I might just make it a weekend trip and stay in BB. The only date that doesn't work for me is 8/2 at this point.
                    Check out .

Comment

Chuck would 8-31-12 or 9-1-12 work?
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Yes they do.
                        Check out .

Comment

Witch date wood be better for you toycrawler5481 @ Couger Buttes.

Mike,
                          Last edited by JKrocks; 06-13-12, 10:23 AM.

Comment

So which date Chucky, also in the mood for some night wandering at the Hammers?

Comment

Art I think you guys should take us on the trails that you took CVD, Beau and me on last year. They were great for for us guys with 35" or 37" tires. I would also love to do Crowbar again. When we do Motino this year, we will go to the top of the mountain and look down on Palm Springs.

Comment

Working...
                              X