Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Goler Gulch

Not to be confused with Goler Walsh....

Wish I could post pictures but for some reason I cannot.

Another Jeeper and I spent the day going up Goler Gulch, the colors of the rocks were just amazing. For those people that are mine adventurers this would be an awesome playground to visit as one place we were standing we counted no less than 8 mines. In one of the mines we discovered a pair of barn owls nesting, we left out as soon as we spotted them.

Sorry that is all I can share, pics would of said a lot more.

SO, how do I go about getting permission to post pics?
    Last edited by DaK; 05-20-12, 07:12 PM.

Originally posted by DaK View Post
    Not to be confused with Goler Walsh....

Wish I could post pictures but for some reason I cannot.

Another Jeeper and I spent the day going up Goler Gulch, the colors of the rocks were just amazing. For those people that are mine adventurers this would be an awesome playground to visit as one place we were standing we counted no less than 8 mines. In one of the mines we discovered a pair of barn owls nesting, we left out as soon as we spotted them.

Sorry that is all I can share, pics would of said a lot more.

SO, how do I go about getting permission to post pics?
    To post pictures you have to have an online service such as photobucket or simular. From there you download to it and copy the link and paste on the forum.

So what's the location of Golar Gulch.

Comment

Ah, I have no such thing at this time. Will correct that.

Goler Gulch (I hope this works)

To get there initially start here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Garloc...alifornia&z=19 (zoomed in tight to filter out the other road)

Take this un-named road to Charlie Rd. If you have a GPS, Charlie Rd will become another un-named road about the time you get to what is called "the narrows". Its not narrow by any stretch of the means. Wouldn't take a Dodge Dually 6 pack long bed through there but...A Tundra, F-150 could make it through there with no problems. Lockers not required, heck 4 wheel low or even 4 wheel not required through this part. The guy who went with me never touched in his stock JK.

For the rest of the trip, it would be easier to get you the .gpx file than try to explain all the right, left rights we took. If you are interested PM me your email and I will send them to you.

Comment

It's been a while since I have been up Goler Gulch. There is at least one side trail that I really want to go explore again.

If you have pics to share, now is the time to learn how to do it. Go to PhotoBucket.com. Sign up. It's free.
        Then post your pics to photobucket. They are still a PITA, but they are lightyears better than they used to be about posting.
        Once all of the pics that you want to post are uploaded, open two tabs in your browser. One for Photobucket and one for the MJR thread that you want to post. Go to Photobucket and right click on the thumbnail pic that you want to post and select the IMG file.
        Go to the thread that you have opened in MJR and right click and paste.
        Repeat for all the pics that you want to post. It tends to work better if you put a return between each paste on the MJR thread.

PM me if you want more assistance.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Mike, will spend some time attempting this tonight.

we will be heading back to Goler Gulch this weekend, Sat 26 as the better half has viewed the pics and has suggested that if I wish to keep peace in the marriage that I cancel the scheduled Miller run and take her here.

So back we go. This one is going to be a tad ealier as the heat is building up out there.

Comment

Last edited by DaK; 05-22-12, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Okay, that wasn't so bad once it was figured out. Thanks for the assist.

We only stopped at a few mines. If we stopped at them all we would still be out there.

Comment

Nice pics! The owls are cool. You found some cool stuff. I haven't been very far up the gulch yet. Clearly, I need to go back!
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

That is way too cool of a spot to not go to. Thanks for posting picts and the google link. I have never been out that way How were the trails easy, fun, hard?
                  [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Goler Gulch is a walk in the park, rest of the run was nothing but fire roads with some off camber stuff. We engage 4wL to get up some of the hills outside of the gulch because you can't make a run at them for speed. I would rate them as easy but fun.

On the way out we did Last Chance. Have been down it a lot so to us it is easy now. It is rated difficult and was when we were n00bs to the off roading thing, now we dance through it.

Comment

Just got your post. We just returned from the Sierra's.

I've been up that canyon a little ways, to the mine you have pictured. Lots of structures around that area.
                      Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                      X