Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Last Chance Canyon 5/20

Hey guys, me and a small group are going to check out last chance canyon this coming sunday 5/20, anyone else is welcome to come and join us. it will b our first time running this trail so if someone that is familiar with it joins that would be appreciated. we r looking to meet at the jawbone store at 9:30 and head out shortly after.

heres the link to where we r meeting:
    http://www.jawbonecanyonstore.com/index.html

hope to c some of u guys there!

If you want you can join us. We will be at the ingress point to Nightmare and Black rock at 0900 but if you are hard over on 930 then that is cool too, I can slip it 30 minutes. I will pick you up along the way to our ingress point.

NOW, if you come with us you will be seeing Black Rock Canyon, Holly Cleanser Mine, some cabins if they are not occupied, Bickel Camp, Burro Schmidt Tunnel, then on down to Last Chance and out to Garlock road.

OH, we will be taking a short cut from Last Chance Canyon Road to the Holly Cleanser Mine. Real good flex opportunities and an interesting short but very steep climb.

Expect this trip to take no less than six hrs. Bring more water than you can drink. Also, everyone should be able to disconnect their swaybars, it will make much easier going through the short cut and last chance.

So far there are only two of us.

Comment

:hijack: Sounds fun DaK! There is a solar eclipse on 5/20 near sunset. The top of one of the buttes in the area could be a cool place to view it. I might be able to join you, but I can't commit yet.

Sorry SoCalDevyn for highjacking your thread!:hijack::gun:
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Mike, that would be awesome to see but don't think we will hang that long to see it. BUT, now that I know about the eclipse, will take the bride to the top of Rosamond "hill" and from above the valley.

Its good to have a JEEP!

Back to our regularly scheduled programing.

Comment

Looks like the victor valley boyz will be out there this weekend as well. Of course, if you decide to come in with us, we will be dropping in from above. Gonna be a good time.

Comment

ill let u guys kno if we r joining, we may just run last chance through and wonder around

Comment

Let me know, a tour guide first time out is a good idea.

Comment

along the route u guys r doing will u be doing the entire last chance along with the v notch?

Comment

Yes we will. Drive right by it, if you wish to try it, we can get you through.

Comment

looks like we r goin for miller now. we will plan a last chance run soon and hopefully get a good size group to join us

Comment

Okay, have a good time and wheel safe.

Comment

Working...
                      X