Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Our Moab visit

Lets start with the fact that I had a blast and it's the first time my Jeep out wheeled Freddy's Betsy. Granted that I had cheater tires. Seems that Sticky Krawlers and 8" more wheel base makes a hell of a difference. Pritchet canyon was a blast would have liked more of it and less of a dirt road drive at the end of it though. Fred only had a real fight with the first real obstacle, he romped and roared and in the end he still had to winch up the first part of it. The rest of the trail we both slayed, some really cool stuff there. The next day we putted around on Poison spyder and Golden spike.
    That's where Ole Betsy had enough and spit her driveline out. So with a bit of winching and a single tug we got her back to the main road and back to camp, where we spend the afternoon straightening driveline parts. Got the thing Mickey moused back together so we could do Metal Masher in the morning, which has some cool obstacles, Rock Chucker looks a lot harder then it really is. Widow makes was nothing but a speed bump for me. Fred needed a rock or 2 and me pushing him up the darn thing, but once the tires spun and heated up after a while they finally bit and carried him up all the way. In the afternoon we cruised around Hells Revenge.
    Betsy's driveshaft started to come undone agains so Fred took it easy and me well I enjoyed myself. Drove up Hells gate and Escalator without a spotter, cool stuff.
    Even pulled a Chucky on Escalator, my toy felt like it needed it's belly tickled, backed up a bit, turned to where I felt I needed to go and drove out the thing.
    The second hole on that thing is definitely a little tricky since it's hard to see where you are actually going. Hole thing didn't take more than a couple of minutes though.
    All I can say is that my Jeep on stickies loves those steep Moab ledges, the only time it ever even chirped a tire is when I climbed stuff with open diffs, just to see how far I could go with it. All in all we had a grand ole time.
    Here are some of the pics I took of Fred doing his thing.

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/moab-2012/

Last edited by aw12345; 05-05-12, 01:19 PM.

Someday Ol blue and I will be going with you guys. Other than Freds breakage it looks like you guys had lots of fun. Looks like the weather was perfect.

Comment

First week of May is about the perfect time to go there

Comment

Envious of any and all Moab trips.

One day

Comment

Won't see this very often

Last edited by aw12345; 05-05-12, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

Some Great Pictures Art. Looks like you guys had a blast.
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Art,
                Nice pictures! You must have a new camera It's hard to capture the angles in Moab and you really can see how tough those trails are. Great job.

Comment

Another great trip to Moab.Found out front wheel drive only dose not get you to far on these trails good thing it broke near the end of the trail.
                  Here are the pics I got.
                  Slide show
                  http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow
                  You can make it

Comment

You got some really nice shots of the week's entertainment Fred.

Comment

Hi Mitch, it's an old Sony point and shoot camera, the lens sticks on it, but it still makes nice pictures and the colors on this thing always come out very good.

Comment

THX for the great pics, Art! Looks like you guys had a good trip! The stickys were a good investment!
                        I wish I could have made it, but we were on vacation with the MH with the Jeep in tow up to the NW corner of WA and back (Great trip BTW! 3300 miles)
                        Call me next time you guys come out this way-- The BULLDOG is lonely.

edit- Fred -just checked out your pics-- awesome!

Comment

Seems like we need to do a bit of Hammering before it gets to hot. Fred's Betsy might end up on jackstands for a bit to make it a bit longer though. The stickies rock, best couple of dollars I spend in awhile. Want to try the stickies on full of hate
                          Last edited by aw12345; 05-06-12, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaK View Post
                            Envious of any and all Moab trips. One day
                            X2 Nice views out there Thnx for the pic's guy's
                            Dennis and Tammy
                            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

You are welcome Dennis.

Comment

Working...
                              X