Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunflower Mine, Sunflower Az (SQUARES ONLY)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Sunflower Mine, Sunflower Az (SQUARES ONLY)

So this past Saturday a local guy organized a YJ only run to Sunflower Mine here in Az. I'll post up some of my photos later, but right now I'm at work so here is a link to the thread they are posted on. Lots of great shots, and I finally smoked a nerf bar. I also had to work pretty hard on a few sections (lots of clutch smoke) but we made it out with no real issues except a few more rock bangs.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...-Photos-4-7-12

Hope you all enjoy! I'm looking forward to when some MJR folks can get out this way. It will be great if I can make sure I have some time off to help play trail guide.

Oh ya, Justin... That line you broke your axle on; it can be done. But it did take a SOA YJ on 37s with dual lockers ALOT of work.
    USMC F&AM

Looks like a fun day Chris.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I especially like the YJ poser!

Mike
      "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Haha, ya. We blamed our incredibly slow pace of movement on him, even though he did out perform most of the YJs. It really was a great day out wheeling though.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

I snuck a YJ into a XJ only run once....

Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Looks like fun, Chris. I'm glad to hear that that optional side line can be done. One of these days I'll be back out there to conquer it myself. The scenery on that trail is absolutely beautiful and I would love to run it again.
            "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

I like that XJ grill idea, maybe I'll go that route instead of putting on a CJ7 grill (another bit on my long list). Justin, I'm sure you'll get the chance to come back out and run it again.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
              X