Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big Bear Multi-Trail Run

I've mentioned doing a multi-trail run in Big Bear area for some time now. So I was thinking of doing 4 of the most popular trails...starting on ...

- Gold Mt... then to
    - John Bull... and over to
    - Holcomb Creek... and then down
    - Dishpan Springs to Lake Arrowhead.

This should make a full day of 4 wheelin.

Many have been wanting to do the Rubicon Trail...this should warm you up for it. I know many can't afford the money & time to go to the Rubicon, so this is the next best thing.

Meet @ the BB Discovery Center and leave @ 9:00am.
    Rating - Most Difficult
    Requirements - 32's & at least 1 locker. A lift is almost essential.
    Date....May 5th.

If any will be camping, we'll meet @ BBDC and if you would like can head back to BB from the Holcomb trail.

This should make for a nice spring trail ride.
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-11-12, 03:11 PM.

If we are back from Moab in time I am up for it on the 5th. Would be cool to start with Motino wash but however it works out, it ought to be a fun day of wheelin

Comment

Repost this run when it's a half way decent temp at night, and I'm all over it! Too cold for my bones in a tent.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
        Repost this run when it's a half way decent temp at night, and I'm all over it! Too cold for my bones in a tent.
        Camp at a lower elevation and then drive up the mountain for the day, I bet you could camp at lake Silverwood, do Cleghorn and 2n17x the day before, have fun with Mikey and the gang the next day and have a pretty darn good weekend that way

Comment

Mottino would be good, but would make for a loooong day. Maybe we can get in a Mottino before summer. Cool trail though.
          Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-07-12, 07:56 PM.

Comment

In May the temps are all the way into the 30's. You must be a flatlander. There is a Motel 6 in BB City.

Comment

I can wait..I like to camp at Holcomb and don't want to really have to drive any amount of time to hit the trails..and ya, 30 degrees...ummm no thanks..

When I wheel, it's all about the camping experience as well. Getting off the trails, firing up some grub, drinks, chilling. Not being with my close friends around a campfire late into the night just isn't the same for me. I wheel in nice temps and I sit around camp fires..it's how I roll
              Jeep Girl

Comment

You know it's hard to say what the temps would be in May, sometimes it's warm and sometime it can be cold or even snowing.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                  You know it's hard to say what the temps would be in May, sometimes it's warm and sometime it can be cold or even snowing.
                  Tru Dat...and will keep my eyes peeled. I can do the weekend of the 4th if it works out. If it's warm enough and others want to camp with me, I'm there
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

I could possibly be in on the 4th! It would just be a day trip for me though.
                    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I can wait..I like to camp at Holcomb and don't want to really have to drive any amount of time to hit the trails..and ya, 30 degrees...ummm no thanks..

When I wheel, it's all about the camping experience as well. Getting off the trails, firing up some grub, drinks, chilling. Not being with my close friends around a campfire late into the night just isn't the same for me. I wheel in nice temps and I sit around camp fires..it's how I roll

It does bring the whole wheeling experience to a higher level of enjoyment when you combine it with camping and friends. I would also be interested in this run, but with warmer weather and dryer trails. I've never been on any of these trail but I really like the BB area for wheelin.

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
                        It does bring the whole wheeling experience to a higher level of enjoyment when you combine it with camping and friends. I would also be interested in this run, but with warmer weather and dryer trails. I've never been on any of these trail but I really like the BB area for wheelin.
                        For those who have never run the trails I'll post the trail conditions in a later post.

Comment

None of the Big Bear stuff is terribly hard, just follow Mikey and you be all right.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            None of the Big Bear stuff is terribly hard, just follow Mikey and you be all right.
                            For me that is easier said than done. For some reason my Jeep like to find its own alternate lines, it doesn't always work but when it does it is quite interesting and fun. :omg: :gun:

Comment

I've done the whole mountain in one long day a couple of times before and its always a blast. It is kinda like a Rubicon "lite"... Longer than the Rubi but not as rough or technical. ANd ya know Lori, you can go down to the desert very easily to camp after the run. takes 45 minutes to get to Cougar Buttes from the end of dishpan. The way you drive, maybe 30...
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X