Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtis View Post
    Currie #1 choice. And if you have RE, replace with Currie.
    Thanks Curtis and Jeeperator—that’s what I thought, that the Curries sounded like a better product. I think I have also decided to get the Under Armor by Savvy. From threads that I've read, that is the way to go.

As you can see from the picture I posted of my engine oil pan the Jeep will need all the protection I can afford to give it. Now I just need to locate a good mechanic that knows Jeeps well enough that can do the job. :smile:
    Last edited by WeRubiBlue06; 03-16-12, 07:27 AM. Reason: Corrected product name

Comment

You can also get the Coupler assembly from RE that replaces the bushing end. That way you have SF joints on both ends. The only one you can't fix is the upper rear. So you need to get Currie arms for that.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
        You can also get the Coupler assembly from RE that replaces the bushing end. That way you have SF joints on both ends. The only one you can't fix is the upper rear. So you need to get Currie arms for that.
        The Coupler assembly from RE would attach to my current lower control arms? Would it have to be a RE product or are the Coupler Assemblies somewhat universal? I think I have aftermarket lowers with basic bushings but I have no idea hat they are, I could only guess they may be by Skyjacker (if they even make them) because the lift that the PO installed is a 4" Skyjacker lift with a 1" body. To my untrained eye they don't look OEM but I don't understand why they would replace the lowers and not the upper control arm.

Comment

Shoot us a pic of them . Your Front trac bar looks like a RE product. Like I said before I am pretty sure with RE going to a urethane compound in their bushings all problem associated with them deteriating from excesive flex have been resolved. If you have RE lowers all you need is a set of newer bushing and some ajustable currie or RE uppers. If I had the coin I would go Currie they have great products. Some basic kits only come with lowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
            Shoot us a pic of them . Your Front trac bar looks like a RE product. Like I said before I am pretty sure with RE going to a urethane compound in their bushings all problem associated with them deteriating from excesive flex have been resolved. If you have RE lowers all you need is a set of newer bushing and some ajustable currie or RE uppers. If I had the coin I would go Currie they have great products. Some basic kits only come with lowers.
            Before I started wheeling at Calico I upgraded the stock track bar and tie rod to the full Currie steering System. As to the lower control arms I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them up. I really appreciate the opinions and help from you guys with these control arms.

Comment

The pic of your oil pan looks like a very cool stylistic landscape art piece. Blow the picture up and put it on the side of your RV. It would be a great conversation piece.

Mike
              "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
                The pic of your oil pan looks like a very cool stylistic landscape art piece. Blow the picture up and put it on the side of your RV. It would be a great conversation piece.

Mike
                LOL Mike~! We ran the wash backwards this past weekend...piece of cake!!
                Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post

Mike
                  I may take your advice on that Mike, I'll look into it but I may just have to frame it a little smaller. But first I have a few parts that need to replace--man does this vicious cycle ever end?

Hey Mike, remember that one trail near Wall Street Canyon that we went up and then you ended up going back down? On the last trip we did to Calico we all went down it. We thought it was even more fun though going down that little area, that little area is a lot of fun regardless if one is going up or down it.

Hope to wheel with you again!

Comment

Working...
                  X