Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Edwards and Maling Passes South Island New Zealand

The Canterbury Recreational 4WD Club (not many Jeeps) took a run just north of the gethermal hot pools town of Hanmer Springs this weekend. Nice relaxed easy going driving on well formed trails. Managed to land a decent sized Salmon on my light trout gear so everyone had a feed of fish on Saturday night. Weather was a bit mixed but not cold at any time. We even found a "secret" thermal hot pool that we will definately be heading back to some time.

More pics here:
    http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/a...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Damn that country is beautiful. I love looking at the pictures you post. I eny all of you
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

What an amazing place, I would love to go there some day :-)
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

WOW! that looks amazing. i spend a few weeks in Wellington last February and it was absolutely beautiful, but didnt get a chance to go to the South Island....or what my brother in law's uncle (from Christchurch) calls "The Mainland".
        95 YJ
        2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian22 View Post
          WOW! that looks amazing. i spend a few weeks in Wellington last February and it was absolutely beautiful, but didnt get a chance to go to the South Island....or what my brother in law's uncle (from Christchurch) calls "The Mainland".
          I'd have to say in my biased opinion that the South Island has the better 4wding- actually gets better the further south you go also

Comment

Working...
          X