Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Table Mesa, PHX

I don't have any photos up yet, I'll try to get them later when I fix my two broken PCs.

This past Thursday 4xFiend (Justin) opted to tough out a long day after work to join us for another trail run here in Az. He was in a rental this trip so we bribed him with some of Kalah's cooking for breakfast and he met us at our house; 7:30a we were off for a day off fun. We didn't know just how much though...

We hit the air down at 8:45, trail head by 9:15. Today's agenda was Lower Terminator as well as Upper Terminator. We did incur some carnage through out the day, but nothing too bad. Here's a summary of the "Red Run" (dubbed such as we had 4 generations of red Jeeps):

XJ Carnage: Tail light, popped out a coil (twice) and realized limiting straps would be good.

JK Carnage: Broken brake line (sounded familiar to Justin)

TJ Carnage: Skid marked pants from almost going over, still don't know how he didn't; minor fender damage

YJ Carnage: Crinkled front fender, kicked back into a decent look via Chuck Taylors, Scraped up windshield frame and roll bar, top peeled off via a rock face (I know what sardines would see now) -- I did however make the "Buggy Line" with open diffs and some weight added to the passenger rear to help me grab, this to me is worth a top; besides... I live in Phoenix

Here's a link to a video montage of all the photos that one guy took.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rTx8...layer_embedded

Or you can click through them on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...28a959&theater
    Last edited by TipsE-Z; 03-02-12, 06:56 PM.
    USMC F&AM

Awsome video, I like the way he did multiple shots of each jeep at the different obstacles. And it looks like a fun trail.

Thanks Chris.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Chris, thanks again for letting me be your passenger side weight all day. I had an awesome time, even if I wasn't driving. You displayed some great driving skills by conquering a few of those obstacles with your open diffs.

After all that talk about me bringing the Jeep back out in a couple weeks, I got a call from my work that they're going to have me fly back and forth for the rest of the time that I'm out here. So no Jeep for me Just gives me an excuse to come back out for a dedicated wheeling trip.

-Justin
      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Thanks Curtis, and Justin that really bites. I feel ya though, I'm strictly a web wheeler for the next month and a half... Bleh. Let the day dreams of 4.88s and lockers begin.

Just got my desktop running again so I'm sure I'll be posting up pictures here later tonight, depends on how much coffee I feel like drinking.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

Great stuff on your friend's vid. Looking forward to seeing your pics! I really like the AZ trails that I have been on. This one looks awesome!
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Gotta love the "red run". Especially since I have a red TJ. LOL. Nice images.
            2004 TJ X
            Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

Great video. Your buddy took alot of pics. That really wets my appetite for that place. I'm headed out that way next month. I've got a friend in Pucker Factor. He's gonna show me around Florence and Table Mesa. Can't wait. Just gotta get some new parts on 1st. Brett (vwtipeII)may be coming with me. We'll let you know, if your interested.
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I have a friend in Pucker Factor as well, he just had something happen with his Jeep while flat towing it and totaled it... I think he is going to get it up and running here soon. Keep me posted! I'm up for a run if I can get some time off... Next month I have a couple weeks of 6 days.

I finally had a moment to get some photos for you guys. This first one is of a Locked TJ trying the obstacle that cost me my top.

This one I just like
                Last edited by TipsE-Z; 03-08-12, 10:53 AM.
                USMC F&AM

Comment

We're talk'n tentatively the last weekend in april. I'll keep you posted. Thats a cool YJ flex shot.
                  It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Chris, nice photo's and video. looks like a great day in the sun!

Comment

Thanks folks. The last week of April should work fine. I will have Saturday off for sure, and can snake a weekday too if the trails you run can be done in my rig.
                      USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                      X