Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Desert Front

Our friend Amber has a new-to-her YJ that she wants to eventually use for offroading. In the meantime, Kurt let her drive his Jeep across the Desert Front trail. It was a great experience for her. Her first time behind the wheel of a Jeep on a dirt road had to be preceded by a gas stop and pavement run to get there:

We headed up the 138 past the Mormon Rocks:

We climbed the hill and wound our way across the Desert Front trail:

It was nice to be up in the sun and above the haze in the valley:

Only once did we hit 4WD, and unfortunately, I didn't get the good part on film:

But Amber was very proud of getting up the steep hill climb:

On the way back down, we were up close and personal with a couple of trains:

And the Railroad Police kept an eye on us:

I'm just amused at how many trails in this area always end at this place:
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Hey Mike,

I always loved playing around th Cajon area. So many fun spots to visit. I got in a very tight spot as a train approached once and I could have reached out and touched it as it went by. Makes you think that size does matter when you are next to a mile long train. Fun stuff!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
      Hey Mike,

I always loved playing around th Cajon area. So many fun spots to visit. I got in a very tight spot as a train approached once and I could have reached out and touched it as it went by. Makes you think that size does matter when you are next to a mile long train. Fun stuff!

Mitch
      Yeah, I love seeing trains. It is half the fun of playing on the trails in the Cajon!
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
      X