Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Achy-Breaky 2-18-12

What a great day of wheeling, We ran all of Achy-Breaky (Probably not is sequence, but who cares) Trail was not as difficult as I heard but was still fun. After Achy-Breaky we stopped for lunch and then ran over to pumpkin eater. Pumpkin eater was great alot of rock garden and then the water fall was really entertaining. These are some of my favorite Pics.

Mike showing he know the way up!!!

Curtis showing Mike how to do it with authority.

Here is all the pictures I took at the water fall. There are lots of them but its kinda cool to watch, almost like an old flip book.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...view=slideshow
    Last edited by hollywood32; 02-18-12, 08:29 PM.

Some great pictures Thomas. Thanks Mike and Sharon for a great day. To do Achy-Breaky without way points has got to be impossible. I was lost all day.
    A couple of videos. You can see how easy it is to do the same water fall as me and mike did, if you have a well built jeep.
    Click picture

IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Looks awesome. Someday...

Comment

Had a great day. Mike & Sharon - thank for organizing it. Thomas - good to meet you. Curtis - good to see you again (you certainly "caught air" with both both tires on that waterfall). Doug - I hope the weather didn't change too much for you Sat night & Sunday.

Comment

Awesome pics! It was a really fun day. This crew can cover some serious trail fast! We ran Achy-Breaky in two hours! That includes my multiple backtracking.

We covered almost all of the original Charles Wells track, but we missed a couple of spots that probably added up to 300 yards or so. Most of it was in order, but as Thomas (hollywood32) said, who cares! It was fun!

The trail is mostly hill climbs and drops back down. I didn't get many pics of the planned trail due to the terrain, but here are a few:

Afterwards, we had lunch and decided to take on Pumpkineater. The trail changes every time that I have ran it. Today was easier in some spots and harder in others compared to the last time. But who cares! It ROCKED!

Approaching The Waterfall:

A testimonial was left to The Waterfall:

Cliff walking up:

Curtis 'flying' up:

This is the road...Really?

Almost to the top:

Thomas at the Top:

Coming back down:

Afterwards, we crossed over to the V-Notch trail. After crawling up the wash, we finally made it to the V-Notch:

After the trails, we worked our way back to the local watering hole:

I had a great time! A great day wheeling again!

Sharon took some video, but I haven't seen it yet. I'll take a look and see what I can post soon.
          Thanks to everyone for bearing with me today. Stoddard Wells has too many roads to choose from!
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood32 View Post
            What a great day of wheeling, We ran all of Achy-Breaky (Probably not is sequence, but who cares) Trail was not as difficult as I heard but was still fun. After Achy-Breaky we stopped for lunch and then ran over to pumpkin eater. Pumpkin eater was great alot of rock garden and then the water fall was really entertaining. These are some of my favorite Pics.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...view=slideshow
            I like the series of pics of Curtis climbing the waterfall, Up to your heavy foot again eh.
            I bet a certain body part held on tight to the seat cushion for a few seconds:-).
            I still would like to crawl pumkinator a lot further than we did 2 years ago. The rocks become a nice size the further you go

Comment

Yea Art, If crawing don't work try the heavy boot.

A couple more pictures and a video

IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

looks like a great time!
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Great photos, I am impressed you found the trail.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                    Great photos, I am impressed you found the trail.
                    The trail described in Charles Wells' book has parts of it that have not been driven in years it appears. Pretty much, if you take every steep hill climb and descent going around the mountain, you will have ran the majority of the trail.

I have to clean up the GPX tracks due to several backtracking turns and a couple of wrong turns, but as soon as I do, I"ll post the tracks for others to use.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like our group was in some of the same places on Saturday as your group. We had lunch at the Slash X (lots of time to visit before our food was ready) and then went over to Pumkin Eater. I think we saw you guys leaving on Stoddard Wells Rd as we were pulling off. Yesterday was a pretty cold day until late in the afternoon.
                      Rich

Comment

Were you guys the group with the white stretch TJ leading?

Comment

How fun. Miss the desert adventures guys!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                            Were you guys the group with the white stretch TJ leading?
                            The guy leading was a stretched silver TJ on 40s......I was in the back in the FToy. I think we had ten rigs.
                            Rich

Comment

Alot of nice rigs in that group.

Comment

Working...
                              X