Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Dishpan Springs - Holcomb Creek

We had a good turnout for the Dishpan-Holcomb trails. The weather was great and the trails were very uncrowded. Most of the water on the trails was frozen and added to the excitement.

All the vehicles did well on the rocks, the only breakage was the blue FJ, which broke an outer CV joint. Bob was able to drive out in 2wd with out any problems. So we decided to take the X trail out to the forest road then on in to Fawnskin.

Once all of the bearings fell out of the CV joint Bob was able to drive on down the hill....with a certain amount of noise from the clanging axle shaft.

All in all it was a great day. Thanks to all who attended..it was lots of fun.
    The couple in the stockish FJ (Cammo) I think are hooked for life...their already talking upgrades...

Slideshow
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Last edited by mkjeepers; 01-14-12, 09:25 PM.

WOW, hard to believe there is that little of snow up there....

Comment

GORGEOUS PICTURES. I miss Big Bear. Need to get up there soon.
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

is that Kevin? Thought u sold ur rig? How u like my orange buggy? Its ur long lost Filipino wheelin buddy... Anyways see u out on the trails

Comment

Thats you? WTH?! A big Boy now huh? Dang! Big time from being rockmutt.Nice buggy. My jeep just sits ALOT since I now have become domesticated.. Saving for beadlocks/tires. They are balding and rims are square.... In San Diego now too.. hows' the IE?
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Thanks mike for a great day .Had fun watchin the fj,s get through .Nice meetin the new guys and had fun with the old .Thanks again .

Comment

Also had fun day, and weather was great. Nice meeting some new people. The views going up and down the mountain were awsome.

Last edited by curtis; 01-15-12, 09:04 AM.
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Mike,

Looks like another fun trip. I really like the sunset pictures. Very nice.

Comment

Cool pics, not many takers for the waterfall on Dishpan though. Seems like most everybody favors cruisin through the left side instead of the middle. Funny how the lines change. Holcomb in winter looks barren just like after the fires when trail repair work started on it. Very nice sunset pictures

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    Cool pics, not many takers for the waterfall on Dishpan though. Seems like most everybody favors cruisin through the left side instead of the middle. Funny how the lines change. Holcomb in winter looks barren just like after the fires when trail repair work started on it. Very nice sunset pictures
                    I ran up the waterfall..... u could kinda tell from pic ( orange buggy) saw everyone takin pics but only one pic posted ..... Where's the love for the yota guys....... Haha
                    Last edited by toycrawler5481; 01-15-12, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I know you did, was wondering about the rest of the group, since it;s easier to just drive up the waterfall, cut left cruise through the middle and roll on. Nice buggy by the way

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        I know you did, was wondering about the rest of the group, since it;s easier to just drive up the waterfall, cut left cruise through the middle and roll on. Nice buggy by the way
                        After runnin the hammers, almost anything seems like a fire road, but I haven't been to dishpan in over a year, the waterfall is the most tore up I have ever seen,I run 119 wb so getting vert doesn't worry me, but I always wonder how the jeep guys( who haven't stretched their jeep) muster to get vert, don't blame for not trying it.... But all n all... I live for the pucker factor! thanks, same to you on your rig... From your avatar pic, looks like you run the hammers too...

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                          Thats you? WTH?! A big Boy now huh? Dang! Big time from being rockmutt.Nice buggy. My jeep just sits ALOT since I now have become domesticated.. Saving for beadlocks/tires. They are balding and rims are square.... In San Diego now too.. hows' the IE?
                          Hey brotha, how's sd? Well regardless if she sits she's still ur jeep, and awesome one at that, always love the way u built ur jeep, I still remember when I would dream of having a straight axle like u when I was runnin Ifs.... A big boy hardly... Just toy gear on a tube chassis.. Maybe one day I'll have 60s with a v8... That's big boy, did u get ur hydro assist? My tires are super bald lol , I live in north Fontana still rep in IE lol... On my second kid, Evelyn, she's gorgeous!
                          Funny pic, but love it... How bout u? Still workin on planes?

Comment

Yup we did some putting about at the Hammers, the Dishpan waterfall got dug out pretty good a 2 years ago, drove up it on bald tires a couple of months ago. To bad Y'all didn't get to finish Holcomb. I know about the pleasure cruise on milder trails, still a lot of fun to me though, roll37's under there and with the big pumkins clearance is about the same as a stock TJ on 35's, just better traction and flex and a smoother ride

Comment

I only took like 3 pics... sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X