Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day run at Spooner this Saturday (January 14)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Day run at Spooner this Saturday (January 14)

Hello, this is my first time to post a new thread for the trails. Young(85'toyota) and I(Kim) have a plan for this Saturday run. We will start at the lower and the upper Johnson trail and Spooner for the day run. We were there about 2 months ago and had fun a lot of fun on that day, but I don't exactly remember how to get to those trails. If anyone is interested, we are looking for someone who can lead us and have fun.

How did Young's Toyota fare after his flop on Spooners?
    We just spend time there Newyears weekend, so propably no other visit till the King of the Hammers week.
    We are planning to spend the week there.
    Here is a link to a good Hammers map with gps coordinates and what not
    This should point you in the right direction

http://www.extremewheelers4christ.org/map1.html

Comment

After his flop, he went to the bodyshop to get his windshield and the truck body fixed. He spent about $650. He wasn't happy about it.
      Again, last week, we were at the Sledge Hammer Trail. Before riding up the upper sledge, Young refused to go because he was scared, so he gave up. Hahahaha

Thank you for the map.

Comment

Upper sledge doesn't have tippy stuff like the one spot on Spooners. Upper Sledge messes with me, but with some spotting I get through just fine. Now upper, upper Sledge is something else. You are going to keep him from flopping on Spooners?

Comment

Are you sure you are not coming this sat? I want to see you flop. Just kidding. King of the Hammer is still 5 weeks away. Think about it.

Comment

Just changed shifts and work Tuesdays through Saturdays now. On the upside I work a day shift instead of graveyard, so that is an improvement. I know it's five weeks but a whole week of Hammer wheelin and all the cool stuff during the King of the Hammers will make up for it

Comment

Here is the story of the "founding" of Spooners:

http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/Topic456189.aspx
              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                Here is the story of the "founding" of Spooners:

http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/Topic456189.aspx
                That story is way cool, however when we ran the trail; the first time and at night while we where at it It was kinda hard to see how they had that much trouble on it.
                Then their saga on Dusy Ershim was quite entertaining also, they didn't get over Thompson hill.

Comment

We will be up there this weekend you are more than welcome to join up with us. We will have a good size camp on the west side of the lake bed. Look for the Wrecked off road flags on the motorhomes and come by and introduce yourself we will be doind a bunch of different trails on Saturday.

Thanks,
                  Rubijon

Comment

That trail has changed quite a bit over the years.
                    Rich

Comment

Sounds good for me , we"ll be arrive anytime before 9:00 AM on Saturday. we are thinking about either spooner or outer limit on that day ,maybe write another scare story or Love story whatever. see you .
                      Last edited by Jp holic; 01-12-12, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Well we are out. We decided to head out to Havasu to do some wheeling I will post some pics when I get home. Have a good run at the Hammers this weekend Robby Gordon will be testing.

Comment

I don't think Robby will be there.....he won the 12th stage today and has a couple of more days way south of the Hammers.
                          Rich

Comment

Thanks guys anyway. I found map and where the trails start. we still gonna hit the trail tomorrow. will make love story.

Comment

Have fun and try to keep Young right side up

Comment

Working...
                              X