Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: New Years in Cougar Buttes

Wow! What a great New Year's celebration in Cougar Buttes! Thanks Roger & Leanne, Chuck & Alicia, Trent, Russ, Mary (Skittles), Shane & Aleta, Mike & Lori, and Albert & Gina for joining us!

The weather was absolutely perfect! Mid 70's during the day... Mid 40's at night... We were lucky to get the great camping spot we found, groups sent out early "scouts" to secure all the better spots very early in the week.

Our camping spot, known as "The Cove"...

Roger chillin' on one of natures sofas...

The sunsets were absolutely amazing!

Some of the pre-festivity festivities...

Just a cool shot (playing around with settings on the new camera)

We decided on Saturday to run Bullfrog...

Throughout the day, Chuck showed off what his Jeep is really capable of by creating his own extra credit lines...

I had to stack a couple of rocks on this really crazy hill climb that Chuck did...

Trent followed him through a couple of them... A pretty big audience gathered around to watch the fun!

Roger and Leanne rode with Trent in his crawler... I think Roger is still trying to remove the Trent's passenger seat from his backside!

Mary was out there tooling around with us too...

(Continued in the next posting)
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Part 2

I think we should go out there and mark the new trail lines that Chuck cut for us...

We thought this rock formation was pretty cool... Do you see the wolf coaxing the seal out of the water? Oh, and of course, Flat Stanley had to make his usual appearance...

Altogether, we took over 1500 pictures... as soon as they finished uploading to Photobucket I will post the link...

A great weekend with great friends! Happy New Year 2012! May it be the most prosperous and fun year ever!
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Looks like a fun time. Thanks for the report and pictures.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Thanks Randy and Carmen!! We couldn't possibly have more fun then spending 5 days with you guys! After my Jeep broke, it was a blast riding in Trent's 7 passinger rock Jeep!

BTW my broken jeep is fixed and itching to get out and do it again!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Sweet pics! Sorry we missed you guys. Next time! Happy New Year!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Looks like Chuck had a great time.

Great pics. Happy New Year!
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Happy New Year! That looks like it was a fantastic time in Cougar Buttes! Roger, what did you break?

Comment

Randy looks like you and the gang had a ripping good time in your favorite place. Happy newyears bud

Comment

Looks like a fun time. Sorry my plans didn't let me get out there.

Comment

Thanks guys for the great weekend. I really like that place. Couldn't have asked for a better time.
                    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
                      Happy New Year! That looks like it was a fantastic time in Cougar Buttes! Roger, what did you break?
                      I ripped off the driver side rear shock mount. it took a 3"x5" chunk of the box frame with it. If it was only the shock I probably would have played in the rocks. But since the frame was damaged, I didn't want to take a chance.

It was an expensive fix. Trent charged me pizza for the whole family! Thank you Trent, you are one of the good guys!
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger......You should have stayed with ROUND headlights :hide:
                        When are you going back out there?
                        Cheers,
                        LG
                        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Dang, a WHOLE pizza...this jeepin' thing is expensive! Glad to hear it wasn't too serious.

Comment

Man we need to get an RV, missing all the fun.

Was great wheeling and meeting everyone the day before...

Comment

Working...
                            X