Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not going to go there lol, git er done Beau, time is a waisting, life is to short to fritter it away.
    Time to go play as much and as hard as we can :-)

Comment

Thanks for the post. Always a pleasure to see crazy people get together lol.
      We're headed to clawhammer in two weeks and I was thinking of trying Sledge but now that I read this...I'm convinced Claw is plenty for my Jeep.

Great Job Curtis and kudos to Fred and Art for helping him.
      Art, which trails are the easiest of the Hammers?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Curtis - looks like you had another great day on the trail. Let me know when you're headed out again (I'll be camping at Cougar Buttes Jan 14 - 15).

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
          ... which trails are the easiest of the Hammers?...
          The day after the Dec-26 trip w Curtis, Fred & Mark, I took my friend over Bolder Dash and Lower Big Johnson. I think those are the "easiest" of the Hammers (however, that is an oxymoron - any JV trail can cause major grief on any given day). Having said that, those two were just right for him. He has an LJ on 35’s, with relatively small lift, full flair coverage, A/T tires, and a nice hard top. Not the best JV setup, but he had a good time on those two.

After those two, the next step up in difficulty would be upper Big Johnson and/or Claw Hammer. Both trails start very close to the end of Lower Big Johnson.
          Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
            Thanks for the post. Always a pleasure to see crazy people get together lol.
            We're headed to clawhammer in two weeks and I was thinking of trying Sledge but now that I read this...I'm convinced Claw is plenty for my Jeep.

Great Job Curtis and kudos to Fred and Art for helping him.
            Art, which trails are the easiest of the Hammers?
            Boulderdash didn't give Curtis much trouble, lower Big Johnson isn't bad, if you can find Tackhammer it will test flex really well
            We towed you through Clawhammer, you should try that now that you have lockers. Turkey Claw is quite do able on 35's, same goes for SunBonnet. JackHammer seems easier than Sledge these days, but then one in our group on 37's in a 4 door JK had a fair amount of trouble climbing out and up the big hill at the end of the trail. Patience to find a good line to get through or use a strap or wich before you break something goes a long way. Good belly clearance is a big plus also. If you take Khoren and the gang plan on using those welding cables :-) Other than that have a ball doing those trails

Comment

Originally posted by CVD View Post
              The day after the Dec-26 trip w Curtis, Fred & Mark, I took my friend over Bolder Dash and Lower Big Johnson. I think those are the "easiest" of the Hammers (however, that is an oxymoron - any JV trail can cause major grief on any given day). Having said that, those two were just right for him. He has an LJ on 35’s, with relatively small lift, full flair coverage, A/T tires, and a nice hard top. Not the best JV setup, but he had a good time on those two.

After those two, the next step up in difficulty would be upper Big Johnson and/or Claw Hammer. Both trails start very close to the end of Lower Big Johnson.
              Cliff
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                Boulderdash didn't give Curtis much trouble, lower Big Johnson isn't bad, if you can find Tackhammer it will test flex really well
                We towed you through Clawhammer, you should try that now that you have lockers. Turkey Claw is quite do able on 35's, same goes for SunBonnet. JackHammer seems easier than Sledge these days, but then one in our group on 37's in a 4 door JK had a fair amount of trouble climbing out and up the big hill at the end of the trail. Patience to find a good line to get through or use a strap or wich before you break something goes a long way. Good belly clearance is a big plus also. If you take Khoren and the gang plan on using those welding cables :-) Other than that have a ball doing those trails
                Thanks. I see on the map Tackhammer is fairly close to the start. We're headed to Claw and if all goes smooth, we'll give tach a try. We're going to take our time and be careful as not to break anything....(Did I just say that).

Comment

Originally posted by CVD View Post
                  Curtis - looks like you had another great day on the trail. Let me know when you're headed out again (I'll be camping at Cougar Buttes Jan 14 - 15).
                  Cliff Just might make it out there on the 14th. Will let you know went it gets closer
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                  X