Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cleghorn 12/18/2011

Hey guys, it was great meeting all of you. I had more than a great time and learned plenty for one day, this trail had me shaking at some spots. Thanks for all your help, couldn't have done it without the motivation and experience from you guys. Here is the video that I recorded, wish I could've recorded that steep slippery hill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G35f...e_gdata_player

It was great to run into everyone at Silverwood Grill, but sorry that it was because Brett had to wait for a tow. I'm glad that everyone made it off the trail (eventually). The mud looks like it was a good time! I love Cleg in the rain!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

What a day! Had alot of fun. It was great hang"n out with everyone. This was my 1st time on cleghorn. The mud and snow made it a blast. Lots of slip'n and slide'n, and tire spin'n. Thanks guys for a great day.

This is what happens when Jonah spots you from the passenger seat.

The Group

The Posers of the group. John(XThread) and me.

Notice how the axle is shifted to the passenger side, about 4". Part of the trackbar bracket, broke apart, due to weld failure. This brought our wheel'n to an end for the day. But started a big part of our adventure.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Looks like a grand adventure, see no pics of Opy though what happened Jonah?

Comment

Cleghorn gets too slick and snotty for me in the rain and snow! Glad everyone had a great time. Joe, it took me a minute to figure out your situation, then I remembered you converted from leaf springs. Great88 says "Track bar, we don't need no stinking track bar"

And I love the photo reflecting off the rear side mirror. Very nice capture.

Comment

That was a fun day, full of adventure! I had fun riding with Brett and Miguel. Miguel drove like a champ with open diffs in the slippery stuff and kept cool even when I almost got him to flop! oops! I didn't even mind not having Opy with me (too much). My one year old yellow top started to give me low voltage (it would leak down to 12.25 after an hour or so). So I swapped in a new battery yesterday morning. I didn't notice that the ground wire for my fuel injection had fallen down and I didn't hook it up. So no fuel, after a few minutes of frantically trying to figure it out I gave up. Somewhere on Cleg it dawned on me that I had missed that ground...thirty seconds under the hood and Opy is running again. Now I have to go back up there to get in the mud.

Comment

Assuming the treeline in the mirror pic is the level horizon, that jeep is at about 55º, nice!

Comment

Great run yall! Thanks for taking the time to come out Jonah, Joe, John and Miguel! I owe Miguel a special thanks because my AAA renews on 12/23 and I used all 4 of my tows last year (don't ask). If it wasn't for Miguel letting me use his AAA I would have had a $700.00 plus tow charge back to Jonah's last night! Great pics Joe and great video Miguel! I thought the picture master Jonah would have had the event covered but good thing yall took up his slack! It appears Jonah was too busy enjoying the tire lube on Miguels rim to matter!

After a nice tow truck ride at 70+ miles an hour where we were racing Chuck on the 91 I made it back to Jonah's shop. Jonah made quick work of the weld. I did most of the work by holding the light at the correct angle

A few pics:

weld that broke on the bracket from the pass side long arm to my D30:
                notice how the front of the braket is an open "u".

After Super Jonah welded her back together and boxed in her front end... that sounds kind of bad doesn't it!!

I am just happy nothing broke while on the highway.

On a positive note I finally dropped Jeepy off at JC's in Sylmar today to get the Dana 20 and Kluve V installed. I hope to have her back by Friday and ready for a shake down run over Xmas for those of yall who are wanting to go out this weekend.. I am definately in!

B

Thanks again Jonah for the welding, and Miguel for the AAA, Joe for the company and chatting on the CB out there and John for joining us!
                Last edited by vwtipeii; 12-20-11, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                  I used all 4 of my tows last year (don't ask).
                  square headlights like to do that, ya know

Looks like a fun trip! Oh, and I see you got some different doors on there, nice when they aren't flopping open all the time eh?
                  Last edited by daniel_buck; 12-21-11, 05:23 PM.
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                    That looks like something well done, glad you were able to get it fixed.

@ Jonah, thanks for sticking in there while we were sideways.
                    @Joe, thanks for the avatar pic. I still can not believe I didnt fully flop.
                    @John, it was very nice to meet you.

And again, thanks to all of you for that thrilling (couple of hours) adventure.

Comment

Working...
                    X