Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Toys 4 Tots

My daughter Collete, her friend Jenny and myself headed down to Lake O'Neill on Camp Pendleton on Saturday December 10, 2011 to participate in the 5th Annual Toys for Tots Off Road Toy Drive. The event is organized by Dave and Yosh of Trasharoo. http://www.trasharoo.com/iWeb/TRASHAROO%20/Welcome.html

This was the first year the event was held at at Lake O'Neill. http://www.mccscp.com/lake It was my first time on Camp Pendleton and I was impressed. Lake O'Neill is a fantastic recreation area. The event attracted over 75 rigs, over 200 people and collected almost 1000 toys. They gave away thousands of dollars of off road goodies in a raffle that lasted an hour. They provided dinner. The Sportsmobiles had a nice happy hour buffet laid out and there was a 3 ring campfire. We packed up around 11am this morning and headed for home. It was a fantastic event.

Collette & Jenny with some new friends and a lot of Toys for Tots.

The marines brought out two vehicles for the event

The raffle

Happy Hour at the Sportsmobile encampment

Campfire

Collette & Jenny kayaking on Lake O'Neill

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Some of the vehicles that were in attendance

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Action Camper

Inside Action Camper

The Kitchen

Chow line

Our camp

My condo

Comment

WOW! Looks like a great event. I wish that I had known about it. Looks like they had a great result for the Toys 4 Tots cause.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Doug,

Looks like a very cool event. All for a great cause. Such a variety of vehicles. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Mitch

Comment

Some nice rigs there. I'm not a Ford guy but I really like these things.
            Check out .

Comment

http://sportsmobile.com/

I like them as well but the sticker shock :omg:

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                Some nice rigs there. I'm not a Ford guy but I really like these things.
                Sure you are a Ford fan! You have two Ford axles under your buggy! Probably the same style of axles that are under the Sportsmobile.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like a fun trip. Looks like there will be a few kids that will be having a little happier Christmas.
                  [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X