Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Calico Turkey Run

Well first off Thank you to the MJR folks for letting my Toyota tag along for another exciting run. Friday we headed off to run Doran and with a few going up Gatekeeper, not attempting but making it up.

Two of us were feeling off our game so decided to head back to camp. The rest of the group ran Doran. Later on that afternoon a few of us decided to run to a Mill Stamp that is right off of Calico Rd between Mule Canyon and Doran Canyon Roads.

Comment

Saturday Morning started with majority of us having breakfast at Peggy Sues and back to camp to saddle up for a long exciting but moderate day exploring Calico. First off was Tin Can Alley

Then we were off to Kraemer Arch(sorry no pics yet)
      Next up Oregon Mine, ??? Springs, Bismark Mine, ???
      Cabin

and then Silver Load Mine

Comment

I am not the photographer that a few of you are but hopefully these will give an idea until you more skilled photogs get home and post up. I did have my GoPro taking pics all day but have yet to upload any to my computer and I also feel I got a good start on the pics anyways. I will also say that for a large group there is a real good balance and welcoming feeling for all. The campfire Friday night was filled with good conversations and people relaxing responsibly, I wish I could say the same for some of the other groups I have camped with in the past. Thank you again MJR folks for a great weekend.

Comment

Michael, nice pictures. It was good to meet you yesterday. Between the perfect weather and great friends it made for another great adventure. I took a picture of the sunrise on my way there at 6am and took another of the sunset at 5pm on the drive home. Nice full day.

Mitch

Comment

Yea michael it's a great group of people. They take care of the old man, stacking rocks and winching me through the tough stuff. I don't think you can find a better group. Even if they are a bunch of smart Assess. LOL
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
              Yea michael it's a great group of people. They take care of the old man, stacking rocks and winching me through the tough stuff. I don't think you can find a better group. Even if they are a bunch of smart Assess. LOL
              What's with the winchin old man? left the heavy foot at home? Jeep looks good tackling gatekeeper

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                What's with the winchin old man? left the heavy foot at home? Jeep looks good tackling gatekeeper
                He's exaggerating about the winching, a strap was used, but only as a safety line. He smacked the Gatekeeper down! He's probably not exaggerating about smart asses though.... :wink:
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  He's exaggerating about the winching, a strap was used, but only as a safety line. He smacked the Gatekeeper down! He's probably not exaggerating about smart asses though.... :wink:
                  Saw the pic of Curtis gettin er done, I knew he had it in him, just being a smart Alec lol
                  Looks like Chucky got his revenge too

Comment

Couple of pictures

IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Nice pics Curtis

Comment

Art I took off last evening as they were headed to the gate keeper. I bet the pictures at night will be awesome.
                        Last edited by curtis; 11-27-11, 05:04 PM.

Comment

The last two days is just what the doctor ordered. I always knew I was surrounded by good people here at MJR but man, it really hit home this weekend. Thanks to everyone who fed me. I was not left wanting. Glad that there were so many people that showed up, including Rick and Sarah! That was awsome. MJR owned the gatekeeper this weekend. It ate my driver rear fender but as the New Yorkers say, " faget about it"... Mike's easy run was a blast. Got to relax and see a lot of Calico. Curtis made it look easy and Chuck did definitely get his revenge. Can't wait to see those pics.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Kurt some well deserved R and R is always a good thing. My R and R got me tired, but was fun to me.

Comment

Here is a bunch from the "Easy" run. A truly fun place to explore. Thanks Mike for leading this run.

Mitch

Camp

On the way to Kramers Arch via Phillips Loop

Kramer Arch 34 57 03.39n 116 50 35.61w

Sweetwater Spring 34 58 18.47n 116 51 02.03w

The Oregon Mine 34 57 33.38n 116 50 57.17w

Lunch with cliff side seats above upper Doran

Bismarck Mine 34 57 58.96n 116 51 32.77w

On the way to the rock cabin

A scary bunch of spotters!

The rock cabin

Last edited by Mitch; 11-27-11, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X