Clear All

• Trail Report: Mojave Ghost Towns & Mines PT 3

Part 3

The Death Valley Mine

The main house

The mines

KELSO STATION

THE OLD POST OFFICE

Well Mike, I guess I need to rent or borrow a Jeep before I leave. Spent the day today in Calico and hit mines 104, 105, 106, and 107. But your trips are the exploring kind that I live for. So awesome to see these places. Thank you for sharing and let me know when I can tag along before I move. Awesome stuff!

Mitch

Comment

I'll sell you my "Tin Lizzie". I just read an article on the new 2012 JK. Supposed to hava a 285 hp V6 w/ a 5 speed auto.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
        I'll sell you my "Tin Lizzie". I just read an article on the new 2012 JK. Supposed to hava a 285 hp V6 w/ a 5 speed auto.
        Cool shots have any coordinate for any of these places you can PM me? My family and I always like to explore new places.

I test drove the 2012 Rubi and wanted to take it home thing road like it was on a cloud, but the thought of the Mercedes V6 and a 47k price tag made me go used and I picked up the fully loaded lifted 08 Sahara with 5 matching wheels and tires hard top and bikini top for under 30. When I was there the only 4D I could find for under 30 had no AC and crank windows the 4D Sport was like 28 to 32 and the Sahara was 35 to 40 and the Rubi was 42 to 55k (3” terra flex lift procomp wheels winch leather GPS). 2D bare bones are like 24k Sahara was like 30-33 and a Rubi like 36. Those new Jeeps are like gold and sell for ridiculous amounts then in my mind I am paying for something I don’t want to break and pussy foot around every obstacle. I find myself doing that in my Jeep sometimes but then again most the time I have my whole family with me…
        The only thing I have heard about the new V6 is that a good friend of my nephew’s dad bought one and has had the alternator and battery go out on it within the first two months of having it. Who knows it will probably be the best thing since sliced bread… Keep in mind you can always do a little re-gearing and Turbo what you got and it would be a whole lot cheaper and I am sure you have it the way you want.

Danny
        Last edited by JK08; 11-29-11, 11:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
        [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Great report Mike, Thanks.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
            Keep in mind you can always do a little re-gearing and Turbo what you got and it would be a whole lot cheaper and I am sure you have it the way you want.

Danny
            That is an option, I've thought about doing it since I bought the Jeep. Right now with 4:10's it luggs at 75mph.

Comment

410’s I wish I had that, my 3.73’s blow. I am looking at 4.56 or 4.88 anything better than what I have now; my jeep is a slug… Just need to save some more money. Who knew wheeling was so expensive???
              [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like another trip back to the Preserve.

That place has a lot to explore and is HUGE! Spent a weekend there and didn't see a third of it.

Comment

Working...
                X