Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Hammer heads went looking for Elvis

Arrived at the lake bed at 8.30 AM, met up with Fred and Mark. Those two had the bright idea to go looking for Elvis, We ended up driving all of the desert but Elvis must have left Johnson valley. So no trail fun there, we got a map that shows the trail later on it the day :confused2
    So from there we went back to the original plan and enjoyed the Spooners trail which was a blast looked a lot different during the day even had to do some winching.

Once we finished that trail we headed back to camp to refuel the Bulldog, then on over the hill to Backdoor for some playtime. Mark and I both put our wheels on without to much success still cool to try though.

After that part of the adventure we headed out to Chocolate thunder and ran that, which was a hoot. After that we decided to squeeze one more trail ride in so of to Sledge we went, which turned out pretty cool the trail is pretty tore up which made for some nice icing on the cake.

On the way back to camp, just after the end of Sledge Hammer the Bulldog got high centered pretty bad and needed to be winched of some big ole marble. on the way back my trailer brake controller shorted out and after that the trailer lights which made for an additional challenge in the the ink black darkness. All in all a great and eventfull day.
    Last edited by aw12345; 11-20-11, 12:46 PM.

Thanks for the pic's and Elvis will have to wait till next time. This stuff is just to much fun. Thank you Art & Mark for another great run. The other fun part for me is I have stuff to do on the jeep now.
    You can make it

Comment

I winched more yesterday than I have all year!!! LOL (had to winch TWICE!) Thanks guys for the help!

Great run as usual!!!

THX!

Comment

I guess you have to try and use all the equipment on your buggy once in awhile right,that's the story I am going with.
        Fred definitely had his A game going on, out krawling us where ever we went.

Comment

Any chance you guys will be out there for thanksgiving?
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Probably head to Cougar Buttes, on busy days the Hammers kinda suck, sit behind a group of brokedown stuck vehicles for hours to run a 30-45 min trail. We did Sledge Hammer with some screwing around in less than 45 mins. We had more trouble afterwards lol dragging the Bulldog of a huge rock.

Comment

Looks like some great fun guys. One of these days I've got to get out there. I can hear the bunny trails calling my name. LOL
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                Looks like some great fun guys. One of these days I've got to get out there. I can hear the bunny trails calling my name. LOL
                We would have done some bunny trails with ya Curtis, just say when, anything to make a pal happy

Comment

Man you guys are getting some serious wheelin' in. Looks like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
                    Man you guys are getting some serious wheelin' in. Looks like fun!
                    You better believe it Jonah

Comment

Working...
                    X