Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Hammerhead/aka Knucklehead run.

Well we moved our Hammer trip from Saturday to today, was all kinds of happiness and fun. We ran Sun Bonnet and Highway 20 the latter definitely did not disappoint.
    Lost and lots of big rocks off camber stuff, not a boring moment all day.
    Not to many pics since as usual, we pretty much kept running the trail with very few breaks and interruptions. Not another soul out there and absolutely great weather.
    Steering revision 3.0 worked like a charm, pretty nice actually to be able to turn enough when needed

Posing

At the end of the day, on the way back to camp Hundy shredded one of his tires other than that no substantial damage or any on trail repairs.

Oh yeah i suck at shooting some video while trying to do some spotting lol

Last edited by aw12345; 11-16-11, 10:14 PM.

Looks like fun, boys. Roger and I were in the neighborhood and should have stopped by. And Art, good description of your video/spotting technique. LOL

Comment

Another Hammerhead run in the books. Great weather and good wheeling.Its always fun to try new trails and hwy 20 was another fun trail.

You can make it

Comment

Great day! Thx, guys!!!

Comment

Now I am trying to find a 37x12.50x17 tire to get me going for this weekend! Anybody have one close by? 760 964 5123 Used is good, and not too picky about brand

Comment

I have heard that this guy has a lot of cheap tire options: http://www.100dollarman.com/
            And I think he's local to you.
            ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by 100dollarman View Post
              Now I am trying to find a 37x12.50x17 tire to get me going for this weekend! Anybody have one close by? 760 964 5123 Used is good, and not too picky about brand
              Found some tires yet Mark? Send me some pics while you are at it.
              See ya Saturday past the bridge 9 AM?

Comment

Originally posted by Reedster View Post
                I have heard that this guy has a lot of cheap tire options: http://www.100dollarman.com/
                And I think he's local to you.
                ;-)
                LOL! Trust me when I say it 'sux' for me to have to go buy tires!!!

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                Found some tires yet Mark? Send me some pics while you are at it.
                See ya Saturday past the bridge 9 AM?
                I found a couple of 37" Hankooks at the local tire shop for cheap. I am up and runnning!!! See ya at 9!

Now I would like to find one 17" wheel that I can put my spare RED Label on to have as a spare. Any style or width! Even a plain steelie would do-- let me know if anyone has one-- (6 lug)

I'll send some pics--

Comment

Well here are the 100 dollar pics lol, you got some nice shots in there Mark thanks, and see ya tomorrow

Comment

A very rare sight indeed

Relaxing at the end of the trail and shooting the bull

Loaded up and ready for the next run

The carnage for the day

Comment

THX for posting the pix!

Comment

You're welcome bro

Comment

Nice pics guys,
                          I guess I need some more mods done to run those trails.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                            Nice pics guys,
                            I guess I need some more mods done to run those trails.
                            You should be able to make a good amount of these trails as is. Biggest thing is to not get to wild and frustrated when you start fighting with an obstacle. I tend to get in trouble that way

Comment

I have done Clawhammer, Crowbar, Aftershock, and did pretty good on those runs. After almost flipping down the mountain on Isham the Hammers doesn't sound as scary. Driving with my stick make me want to go a little quick but slowing down is a good for me to work on as well. My friends Steve and Chad will be there all week in a F toy and newly built Camo Rubicon/Buggy.

Comment

Working...
                              X