Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cleveland National Forrest and Mud

Friday, Saturday and Sunday of wheeling at Cleveland National Forrest. Friday and Sunday it was just my Son and I. Saturday the whole family went including my sister-in-law and her family. We hiked to the small waterfall. The Hike was amazing and we found an area we called ladybug logs that was full of thousands of lady bugs. I ran into a little mud puddle during the trip too…

Waiting in line

One of the rabbit holes we had to crawl through to get to the falls

Some cool looking tree on the road

A few leaves by Ladybug Logs

The girls

The Boys

The little one

My wife and I at the waterfall

The aftermath… Still cleaning all the mud off… Not sure if it is worth it or not…

Last edited by JK08; 11-17-11, 09:11 PM.
    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Danny, looks like a ton of fun. I remember debating about blasting thru the mud vs the relentless clean up The ladybugs are awesome!

Comment

Road to Holy Jim?

Carefu,l know of a few people that have hydrolocked playing there.

Comment

The hike to Holy Jim Falls used to have lots of poison oak.

Comment

Ya definitely deep enough to cause some damage but for the most part I hit pretty slow now my buddy on the other hand he hit that thing every time as fast as he could go… I assume since I made it home and drove it for two days I should be this time… However I think I will invest in a snorkel if I want to keep doing that kind of thing. I found a little dried muddy water stains on the throat of the intake opening so that bothered me a bit.
          [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

an osci;;ating lawn sprinkler does a fair job of getting mud off the underside. Just do it on the lawn so some greenie doesn't complain about "contaminating" the asphalt with dirty dirt. - Yes, in Oregon, they actually do that -
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
              The hike to Holy Jim Falls used to have lots of poison oak.
              None of us got it this trip, but someone else there said to watch out for it as well so I am sure it is still present. I just made sure the Kids stayed clear of anything that looked suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                an osci;;ating lawn sprinkler does a fair job of getting mud off the underside. Just do it on the lawn so some greenie doesn't complain about "contaminating" the asphalt with dirty dirt. - Yes, in Oregon, they actually do that -
                Too funny next time i will try that.

Comment

Working...
                X