Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 4th Annual Veteran's Day Run.

We had a great turn out! 15 vehicles in all. In the mix was one (Mil Style) Hummer, a Forerunner, and a ugly Bronco! (Well, Danny the driver is pretty cool so he gets a pass!)

As we were airing down at Hwy 247 & Rattlesnake Cyn Trail, Billy Mitchell. drove up and thanked us again for our work his behalf.

Rattlesnake was awesome. I tell you this, every time it rains the canyon changes. There was lots of water flowing in the middle third of the canyon which made it very cool!

After working through the canyon we headed over the the east entrance to Heartbreak Ridge. It has become more difficult in the last year. there were a few struggles but everyone got through great.

I know a lot of people took lots of photos, so please post them!!

Thank you so much to all of you who came out to honor our Vet's and to all you vet's that joined us - God bless you and thank you so much for your service to our country!! You Rock!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Roger, thank you for setting up and leading the run.

Thank you to all who came to ride. Great meeting all of you and looking forward to the next run!

It was a perfect fall day to remember all of our service men and woman by enjoying the freedom to enjoy our sport!

*** I attempted to upload the pictures I took, but at the bottom of the reply page is a note stating "Posting permissions: You may not post attachments". Can someone help me out and point me in the right direction? Thanks.***

Comment

Roger,
      Thank you for puting this run together. It was a good way of spending the day with other Vets and for some to take our minds off lost friends. It was my first time on Rattlesnake and it was nice to see that side of the mountain. Look forward to the pictures and hopefully some of me and my 4Runner. Great meeting everyone and getting to spend another day with some of the MJR crew.

Comment

Another enjoyable Veterans Day run by Roger.

Very relaxing day on a scenic trail with some bumpy rocks to climb thrown in. Great turn out, I met a lot of nice people. Thanks again everybody, hope to see you out on the trails again.
        I stayed in Big Bear Friday night and woke up to snow falling. Had an inch of snow piled on the jeep when I headed back down the mountain to join up with the Cougar Buttes group.

I'll post some video as soon as I can get it edited and loaded up on YouTube.

Mike
        "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Thanks again to Roger for setting this run up and leading us through it! What a perfect day to remember those who fought to protect our freedoms. and......I have to admit, I couldn't have thought of a better way to spend my Birthday than out on the trail with my lovely wife and great friends!

Scott & Lesa
          Last edited by avjeepfreek; 11-15-11, 07:38 AM.
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Roger thank you, my son and I had a great time on this run. We enjoyed meeting so many of the folks there, you all were very welcoming and helpful to us being our first run.

Also, thanks again to all of our active, inactive and retired military men and woman--God bless you, your family and this great country!!

Bernie & Danny
            Last edited by WeRubiBlue06; 11-14-11, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Was a good time everybody! Thanks again Roger...see you soon I'm sure!
              Jeep Girl

Comment

I had a great time and meeting new people. My truck worked well with the new tires and also reminded me the little bit of work I need to do to fix some suspension issues. Like my bent lower link arm and putting the pre-load back in my passenger front coil-over. That right there made for a little interesting mild panic the next day on Heart Break coming down the off camber shelf road leaning passenger(which makes me nervous anyways). Every time I hit a bump I felt like I was going to roll off the side.

As I mentioned earlier, was nice to get on a new trail with new people. Look forward to my next MJR event. I was trying to figure out my GoPro on the trip and will see if I have anything worth posting.

Comment

Viideo

Here's a short bit of video I took of our trip

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly_99TJ View Post
                    *** I attempted to upload the pictures I took, but at the bottom of the reply page is a note stating "Posting permissions: You may not post attachments". Can someone help me out and point me in the right direction? Thanks.***
                    You need to go through a hosting site like Flikr or fotki or, God forbid, Photobucket. Sign up on one of those sites and post your pics there, then copy the URL to the MJR thread.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Here are some photos of the run!

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/...s%20Run%202011
                      Last edited by Grizzly_99TJ; 11-14-11, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
                        Here's a short bit of video I took of our trip

http://vimeo.com/32120860

Mike
                        Fixed it for you...
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Fixed it for you...
                          Thanks, what was wrong with it?

Mike

Comment

Thank you everyone we had a great time this was our first group run.
                            Here are some photos (including group photos)
                            Peter & Wendy

Photos

Last edited by lenzar500; 11-20-11, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lenzar500 View Post
                              Thank you everyone we had a great time this was our first group run.
                              Here are some photos (including group photos)
                              Peter & Wendy

Photos

Thanks for the pics! Good times! Will put the funny group photo up in my box at work
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X