Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cougar Buttes Blast

We had a great turnout for the run with lots 0f new faces. A great group, great vehicles and great fun.

We ran most of the trails in the Buttes w/o much damage to the vehicles. The Cherokees took a little damage though - Reed broke both tail lights and the other Cherokee had some damage to the hood (see pictures).

The weather was perfect - high 50's with a light wind. It was lots of fun and good to see some of the drivers for the first time. The CB's are a great place to wheel.

Slideshow
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Nice YJ

Nice trail section

Paparazzi

The Cherokee gets a scratch on the hood

Last edited by mkjeepers; 11-12-11, 07:57 PM.

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
    the other Cherokee had some damage to the hood (see pictures).
    No big deal Mike, I'm sure it will buff right out.

I took mostly video so that might be a bit longer.
    Last edited by hollywood32; 11-12-11, 07:44 PM.

Comment

This was a very fun trip, thanks Mike and everyone! Weather was great, the scenery was beautiful and the rocks were oh so fun! I can't wait to go again!

Oh, and nice meeting yall too, I'm sure I don't remember who is who, but it was nice meeting all of you, haha :-D
      Last edited by daniel_buck; 11-12-11, 08:09 PM.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Yeah another member in the flopper club, looks like all kinds a fun. shoulda toughed it out and came out and drove out there. Even though the Jeep sat in the rain without doors the seats were still dry. Oh well got some work done on it for more fun this coming week.
        Good to see you all having a load of fun, Mike always puts on a great run

Comment

Thanks all, that was lots of fun. Good to see some old friends and make some new ones. CB was a great place to test out the CJ on her first trip out since the build. Everything worked, no known issues. Was quite happy with how the suspension worked. The old Jeep seemed to climb and flex pretty well....the darn driver is just a bit rusty.

Good times!
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood32 View Post

Do you happen to have video of this part. I remember that the first time that I went there my clutch gave me problems and was afraid of playing around. I saw my friends xj and two xterras go through it but not a wrangler. Looks like a fun trip.

Comment

Originally posted by minisaba View Post
              Do you happen to have video of this part. I remember that the first time that I went there my clutch gave me problems and was afraid of playing around. I saw my friends xj and two xterras go through it but not a wrangler. Looks like a fun trip.
              Several were doing video, I'm sure there will be a few posts soon.

Comment

Looks like a great day everyone. Sorry Tammy and I couldn't make it. Roger looked like a champ out there today in the old great88.

Comment

Thanks for another fun day at Cougar Buttes. Mike you always keep it interesting and there always seems to be something new. I enjoyed meeting everyone and Levi had a great time running around on the rocks and looking at all the Jeeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                    Roger looked like a champ out there today in the old great88.
                    Just like a pro.

Comment

here's a select few of my shots, will post up the entire gallery shortly.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                        Looks like a great day everyone. Sorry Tammy and I couldn't make it. Roger looked like a champ out there today in the old great88.
                        Indeed...he did the ole Great 88 proud.
                        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Looks like a great run guys! I wish I could've made this, but with a wedding on Friday and having to be back at work today, driving the Jeep for 14 hours on the highway just didn't sound like the best choice. Always good to see all the many poser shots that CB offers.
                          USMC F&AM

Comment

Had a great time everyone, as always. Chuck sorry about the drop off.
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X