Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cleveland National Forrest

So my son and I started out early this morning for our first trip out since we put on the 4” X Series Rough Country lift. I am happy to report that the lift performed very well. Much better ride than I had with the MX-6 Adjustable shocks that were on it when I bought it. Hit the pot holes with ease it was very nice to not hear so much smashing and banging around the trails.

This was our first trip to Cleveland National Forrest, it was a quick 40 minute drive from the house and we were on the dirt. It was very wet and started to rain towards the end of our trip which made it even better. The view from the Jeep was amazing and got better as we went up. However I think the fun stuff was right off the highway and is where we spent our first and last hour of the day. We started to follow the road up but after a few stops for some photos and about 40 minutes of driving we turned back due to weather and being alone, we returned to the fun factory.
    The only bad thing is I broke the rubber boot on my front drive shaft. Not sure how quickly I need to fix this issue. Any thoughts???

Shaft boot

View from the window

One of the old damns we saw, about a 30 second walk from your Jeep

Just next to the damn

Yup we even saw some deer looked like Ma, Pa and baby deer but I am no expert. The little pne was prancing all over very cool to watch.

Just one spot to flex your Jeep right off the highway.

[COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

It's the neatest thing seeing deer while out Jeepin'. It's beautiful every single time..
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Danny,

Looks like a great place to go out and play. A little water, a little mud, and some wildlife. Perfect day!

Comment

I've put over 10000 miles on my JK with the drive shaft boots ripped for over a year or more. I don't think it's too big of a deal.

Mike

Comment

If you do a lot in mud, dust or sand you'll want to address it pretty soon. If you're going to replace it, let it be. What it does is protect your splines from getting ground down. Let us know how long it lasts without it.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
            It's the neatest thing seeing deer while out Jeepin'. It's beautiful every single time..
            Yup can’t wait till next weekend hope to see some more

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
            If you do a lot in mud, dust or sand you'll want to address it pretty soon. If you're going to replace it, let it be. What it does is protect your splines from getting ground down. Let us know how long it lasts without it.
            Well the drive shaft is off and in the garage. I am going tomorrow to OC Driveline for the repair. I figure it is there for a reason and now that I have taken it apart I can see why it is there. It seems as if water can get inside the outer shaft and collect thus rotting it away over time? just my two pennies. I am learning as i am breaking. FUN STUFF.

Danny
            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X