Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: last chance canyon 11/05/11

This wasn't a MJR run, but I believe at least one other person present is here on MJR. I've been wating to go wheeling around the Redrock area for a while now, glad I did, it was fun! I hope sometime soon to hit Nightmare Gulch as well.

Fun trail, really beautiful! We ran it both ways, it was fun in both directions.

I took the back of the group, so I didn't really get the chance to stop and take action shots accept for the "V notch" or whatever it's called.

Last edited by daniel_buck; 11-06-11, 09:45 AM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Daniel,

Nice pictures. There is a ton of things to explore in that area. There is usually an overnighter out there in the spring time with a lot exploring included.

Comment

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for posting those great photos!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

I went out there for the first time in September. I was pre-running the trails with the Club Pres from TTORA to get mapped out for the club run the next weekend. We ran last Chance Canyon, Burro-Schmitt tunnel, Nightmare Gulch, Nightmare Gulch Overlook and two other trails. It was a very long day but worthwhile. Nightmare gulch had a few sections where the canyon walls had collapsed and was very difficult to get around. In fact there were times we were concerned we might have to turn around, but thankfully we were able to get all the way through the trail.

I think you would enjoy Nightmare Gulch and the challenges it presents. The area really needs a long weekend to explore and enjoy with all the mining history.

Comment

Working...
        X