Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Calico Halloween Weekend

Hey guys,
    I wanted to post a few photos from the weekend.It was fun but I did go on a buggy run except I have a Jeep. I didn't make out as well as the buggies did. I made it up Gatekeeper with my winch helping a little but still managed to rip up some paint and tore off my rear shock, and broke off my front sway bar mount. I still had fun but following buggies all day can be expensive.
    Enjoy,
    Kevin

Last edited by Red rubicon; 11-01-11, 07:34 PM.

Hey man.... thanks for posting a pic of me (white heep).

You were the one spotting the green JK on the middle obstacle? If so... thanks for getting him over.

Comment

Yes, I spoke with you up there. I did spot him up and then told him to go to the left up top but your guy kept making him go to the right. You came so close to rolling. I did the most damage after Gatekeeper going up that other section farther up to the right on Doran in the photos above. I got so wedged in and then I could hear my new paint job getting torn up as I kept going. Oh well, it is a Jeep so it doesn't have to look pretty.

Comment

Kevin,

Nice pictures. Gate Keeper can be costly

Comment

Kevin looks like you had fun. You should come out to the Hammers with us not as much damage LOL
          You can make it

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
            Kevin,

Nice pictures. Gate Keeper can be costly
            Missed ya out there! Had an AWESOME time! Even got to crawl under my buddie's rig and fix his tie rod! That was a highlight of the day! I've discovered I really like gettin' in there with tools and fixin' junk!
            Jeep Girl

Comment

Looks like a great time. I need to get back there soon.
              Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                Looks like a great time. I need to get back there soon.
                Not as cold as BB....C'mon out! Let's plan it!
                Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by flatout View Post
                  Kevin looks like you had fun. You should come out to the Hammers with us not as much damage LOL
                  So true Fred,
                  I have run Crowbar once, and Clawhammer many times and Aftershock and never done damage like I did up at Calico this weekend. Having a manual on Gatekeeper makes it even harder. I think I should just be a passenger Steve's F toy and go around in my Jeep.I almost did but let the crowd affect my decision. Hers is a video of me on it but not sure if it will work.

Last edited by Red rubicon; 11-02-11, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Well Kevin, time to upgrade the axles and cross over to the darkside. Some great pictures.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                      Well Kevin, time to upgrade the axles and cross over to the darkside. Some great pictures.
                      The problem is that I am a school teacher so no extra funds right now. Maybe I just need to stay off Gatekeeper.

Comment

Smart decision kevin .Just think ,once you get to the darkside .whats next ??????/LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                          Yes, I spoke with you up there. I did spot him up and then told him to go to the left up top but your guy kept making him go to the right.
                          Yeah.... my buddy was hot on the right side? We ran it a few times again the next day, I ignored the spotting on my first run up and he saw the line to the left. Surprisingly, the Chevy couldn't run the left line at all? Too wide I believe and was slipping off the slippery rock.

You guys have an issue above..... wheel with that trash and you'll find out soon enough!

Anyways.... thanks for the pics!!

Comment

Originally posted by abendx View Post
                            Yeah.... my buddy was hot on the right side? We ran it a few times again the next day, I ignored the spotting on my first run up and he saw the line to the left. Surprisingly, the Chevy couldn't run the left line at all? Too wide I believe and was slipping off the slippery rock.

You guys have an issue above..... wheel with that trash and you'll find out soon enough!

Anyways.... thanks for the pics!!
                            We don't trash people here so knock it off. One more word out of you and you're gone.
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I had a good trip. I don't blame anyone for messing up my Jeep. I didn't have to go up Gatekeeper but I did. I hope to see some of you at Panamint Valley. Does MJR have spot to camp yet? I will be Thursday night.

Comment

Working...
                              X