• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Off Roading for Our Heroes(Warrior Foundation) Nov. 12

OFF ROADING FOR OUR HEROES
    VETERAN’S DAY WEEKEND
    November 11-13, 2011

Organized runs for Our Heroes and their families will take place on Saturday, Nov 12th.
    Our heroes have often been through a great ordeal and having a spouse or loved one along with them will make the event much more enjoyable. If your vehicle can accommodate more than one passenger, it will be very helpful.
    Staging location:Big Bear convention Center Parking Lot @ 9:30 AM. Runs will leave Snow Valley starting at 10:00 AM.
    Registration, Check-in & Vehicle Inspection: Friday, November 11th @ 2:00 pm and Saturday, November 12th @ 7:30 am. CA4WDC Safety requirements will be in place.
    Runs: We will be running local Arrowhead and Big Bear trails. There is a possibility that snow will be on the trails and it more than likely will be cold. Plan accordingly. Friday and Sunday are available for open runs. You pick the trail and time. Have fun.
    Parking: As of this date, parking for RVs and campers will be at Snow Valley Parking lot. Again, this time of year weather in the mountain areas can be unpredictable and parking may change.

Thanks for supporting this very worthwhile event. For questions or additional information please contact, Scott Frazier at 818-730-2138 or YJFRAZ@AOL.COM.

Scott is one of the organizers but you can also contact me and I can consolidate information and forward to him.
    Last edited by Pikeman; 11-08-11, 12:22 PM. Reason: Location change

I think this would be a good follow up to the 4th Annual Veterans day run. They are trying to get 250 volunteer drivers/ 4x4's to take these veterans on the trails.

Comment

Wow, not sure how I missed this thread before, but I just sent an email to Scott to see if they need another rig. I'd really like to participate in this event.
      Gary
      '97 ZJ - lifted, locked & loaded

Comment

Last I knew they were trying to get 250 volunteer rigs, otherwise would have to figure out some multiple short loops. They are expecting around 500 disabled Vets and some family members and want all of them to get a ride.

Comment

Another reminder of this event coming up. I know that it conflicts with the Cougar Buttes run that day but still feel this is a worthwhile event to attend and support.

Comment

Working...
          X