Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody up for another Knuckle head run?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Anybody up for another Knuckle head run?

3 weeks from now Fred and me are planning another Hammers visit. Fred wants to give highway 20 a whirl anybody want to come out for some good ole rock bashing?
    I would probably head out Friday early afternoon

We could also do some lighter trails if some guys want to come out and give it a try.
    You can make it

Comment

Originally posted by flatout View Post
      We could also do some lighter trails if some guys OR GIRLS ? want to come out and give it a try.

DD here....check out my specs......can't break! Can I still play?
      Last edited by I H8RDS; 10-13-11, 08:02 AM.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Lori, if you go with those knuckleheads, if you don't break anything, you can at least expect some "body panel renovation"
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Lori, if you go with those knuckleheads, if you don't break anything, you can at least expect some "body panel renovation"
          hmmmm...ya know I'm up for a challenge..I have some freakin AWESOME video from last weekend. I can't figure out how to upload it dang it. You'd be impressed! Been wantin to get on the show Survivor but needed an edge. Found it and videoed it in Calico...not once, but twice. Pretty cool
          Jeep Girl

Comment

33" tires are on the small side 35's would work but we did take Bash through claw hammer with 33's and open diff's.You would need full under armor. engine skid,heavy duty after market trans skid and aftermarket fuel tank skid also stock lower control arms don't stand up to good. Lockers front & rear,winch,tow hooks front and rear.When you run the hammers it is war and you better be ready for a battle.
            You can make it

Comment

I know that about the Hammers..wouldn't even attempt it in my rig...was asking about the lighter trails ? Or that was a joke? I haven't been out there yet ...so don't know what the deal is with all the trails there, except the obvious ones.
              Jeep Girl

Comment

When we go you are welcome to come out and ride with one of us. There are some lighter trails tac hammer, fissure crack. I guess I should have said not hardcore hammer trails
                Last edited by flatout; 10-13-11, 11:02 AM.
                You can make it

Comment

Thanks for the offer! I'll keep it in mind...it's hard to ride passenger after you own your own ya know? But I was invited to ride up the Gatekeeper in Calico last weekend in some some sort of built up rig with 50 gears..had a Blast!!! So, I know I won't be able to experience the Hammers unless I ride passenger....or until I win the lotto. I remain hopeful lol
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

If yall will be running some some less-than-hardcore trails, I'd be up for it! I don't mind damage to my jeep, just so long as I can still drive it
                    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Here is a link to some of the bunny trails in JV, Clawhammer and maybe Sledge hammer are the easier trails there.
                      Those 2 where our first run there and yes we did those on 35's without to much trouble

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/clawhammer-and-sled/

Comment

You know I want to go but I'll be at Universal Studios that day. I catch the next one...I hope.
                        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                          You know I want to go but I'll be at Universal Studios that day. I catch the next one...I hope.
                          three weeks from now is Hump&bump...
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Here is a link to some of the bunny trails in JV, Clawhammer and maybe Sledge hammer are the easier trails there.
                            Those 2 where our first run there and yes we did those on 35's without to much trouble

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/clawhammer-and-sled/
                            Cool pics...some of it looked OK, some didn't. John Bull was a push..2.5 L, 4.56 gears and 33's..but I did it. I do have a skid that covers my oil and exhaust...upgraded rear axle and tie rod...but wouldn't want to hold anybody up..or break! I'll ponder on it
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                              three weeks from now is Hump&bump...
                              Not if you count the weekends. 10/15, 10/22, 10/29.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X