Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Hodge Road WHAT A MESS

Okay so went wheeling at Hodge Road and off the 138 today. I have been going to Hodge to prerun and shoot for nearly 16 years. I am sad to report that from last weekend to this weekend the trash piles continue to build. OF COURSE I sell my truck for a Jeep and I can now use the truck bed once again. There is so much trash out there it is crazy. This is on Hodge, From last weekend to this weekend there is not only a 10 foot long 18" high spray painted message that reads NO BEANERS on a cell tower block wall but a pile of roof shingles and tar paper, lawn chairs, actual trash bags with trash in them, pillows, tires, broken glass, puddles of dried paint on the ground, paint cans, the list goes on. But I was amazed at the growth of trash from one weekend to the next. I have not been out to this spot in about 3 years. When I go shooting I take my own wood and battery tools. Build a structure to hang targets from shoot then take it down and bring it back home again. WTF sure it takes a while to build and take apart but it does not leave a mess. I even pick up my shells. I have like 7 pounds of brass if anyone needs, 223, 9, 40, 762. ??? Sorry guys No pictures brought the camera but I guess it did not really hit home until I got home. The 138 was very clean but there were 4 dead turkeys (I think they were turkeys) all in a pile rotting?

Still had fun. My wife stayed back and took the little one to the local carnivalso it was just my son and I again. We went with my sister-in-law, her boyfriend (Has a TJ) and her daughter. Hit the dirt at 9:30am and wheeled until 4PM walked in the door at 5:30 and grabbed a beer. Hell of a Sunday. Let my son drive again, he hit some good hills up and down a few challenging spots I puckered up a little and had to hold in the steer left, hit the brakes, more gas comments…. My sister-in-law let her 15 year old (15 in 2 weeks) drive for her first time. A little lead foot and slow on the brakes but she did well once I got mom out of the car and took her around for a while. Had her hitting some inclines and running through some whoops in about 10 minutes. All I can think about now is next Sunday serious what have I got myself into I just want to wheel I honestly hate roads now. I wish that personal plate was not taken… Wish I could go out all weekend but working Saturdays right now on a Disney project. actualy wish i could find a way to work on unpaved roads...Anyone know some cool trails and open on Sundays let me know i am always ready to learn some new tricks and starp on a sack... If I go out to Hodge again next weekend I will shoot some pics of the trash everywhere.

Danny
    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

"All I can think about now is next Sunday serious what have I got myself into I just want to wheel I honestly hate roads now. I wish that personal plate was not taken… "

It is the COOLEST plate isn't it! :^)

Completely sucks about how people just trash everything. Pretty upsetting.

*Kurt- I dunno..I'm feeling another tire humpin' coming on!
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Danny,

Hodge has become a dump due to the easy access along with the fact that it has the out of control Saturday night party people. If you go back, be safe. Also be advised that the BLM area is shotgun only. No pistol or rifle unless unless legally hunting during open hunting season. You need to be on private property (with permission) or at a legal shooting area like Lytle Creek (not very safe when crowded). San Bernardino Sheriff, BLM Rangers, and BLM staff all patrol that area and can confiscate your weapons. Sorry for the bad news. I'll send you a PM

Mitch

Comment

Hey Bubba (Lorie),

Leave Kurt's tire alone. And I did she you hump his front bumper and winch on Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          Hey Bubba (Lorie),

Leave Kurt's tire alone. And I did she you hump his front bumper and winch on Miller.
          LOL ohhh silly boyz!!

Had to stop on a steep one..he was up my "bumper" LOL Looks like we're going the scenic route during the day saturday, and a night run on Miller Saturday night. Camping out...no go for you?
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Havent been shooting at hodge road for a long time (10years at least). We stoped do to signs being posted (NO shooting) Maybe they are not there anymore lol.

Comment

vandals shot them down
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

Sounds like an organized clean up is needed.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  I've never been out there, but I'll join!
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                    "All I can think about now is next Sunday serious what have I got myself into I just want to wheel I honestly hate roads now. I wish that personal plate was not taken… "

It is the COOLEST plate isn't it! :^)

Completely sucks about how people just trash everything. Pretty upsetting.

*Kurt- I dunno..I'm feeling another tire humpin' coming on!
                    Ya for sure. A buddy of mine has RK E RD. I'll have to think of something here soon...

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                    Danny,

Hodge has become a dump due to the easy access along with the fact that it has the out of control Saturday night party people. If you go back, be safe. Also be advised that the BLM area is shotgun only. No pistol or rifle unless unless legally hunting during open hunting season. You need to be on private property (with permission) or at a legal shooting area like Lytle Creek (not very safe when crowded). San Bernardino Sheriff, BLM Rangers, and BLM staff all patrol that area and can confiscate your weapons. Sorry for the bad news. I'll send you a PM

Mitch
                    I got busted On Dale Evens 2 times in a row by the same Ranger Years ago and he told me to go to Hodge as there is no Jurisdiction and I can shoot whatever I wanted out there. There is probably 20 cars out there the last two weekends shooting. So it would be a hell of a place to write tickets or take your weapons...

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                    Yup. I am all for helping out. Like I said got rid of the truck for the jeep so no more bed space and I dont have a trailer I would take some home but with how small the Jeep is I would not put a dent in it and it looks like it would pile up quicker than I could take it outta there.
                    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                      I dont have a trailer I would take some home but with how small the Jeep is I would not put a dent in it and it looks like it would pile up quicker than I could take it outta there.
                      Wow, that bad is it? Man, that's pretty sad :-(
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

If the mess is as bad as it sounds, it would probably take an organized event to get that done and knowing all the new BLM rules and regs, and trying to get a disposal company to donate or at least give reduced rates on large drop offs, it may not be worth it. I'm going to start by sending some info to the BLM office and see what they have to say.
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                          If the mess is as bad as it sounds, it would probably take an organized event to get that done and knowing all the new BLM rules and regs, and trying to get a disposal company to donate or at least give reduced rates on large drop offs, it may not be worth it. I'm going to start by sending some info to the BLM office and see what they have to say.
                          I don’t think I am going out this weekend I will take some pictures next time I am out. it is a bit of a crap hole definitely got worse over a 7 day period. There is the dump like 12-15 miles from there I think it is off of standard wells road.

Comment

The area West of 15 @ Hodge rd is now a legal shooting area according to the Barstow BLM office and the brand new shooting maps they are giving out.

Comment

I would love to get ahold of one of those shooting maps, ever since moving here from Arizona I've wanted to find a place to go shooting, a place other than indoor or outdoor ranges where there's tons of people there.

I saw alot of folks hunting up in Frazier Mountain last weekend, are there areas out there where you can just go plinking, or where are some other areas?

Comment

Working...
                              X