Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: OCT 1st RUN –PLAN “A” OR “B”

[COLOR="red"]Hi[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]everybody[/COLOR]-[COLOR="red"]let's [COLOR="blue"]go[/COLOR] wheelin' !
    [/COLOR]

Plan A- I'd be open to going to Calico, Last Chance Canyon or anywhere else But, I've only been out to all those places once and don't know the area enough to lead this one. So we need a leader!...camping would be cool too!

If there isn't anybody who can do Plan A.....

Plan B- Truth be told, I just want to be in my Jeep and a tent that weekend. I'd still be super happy keeping it local. We did Lockwood/Yellow Jacket/Miller on the 17th, but I never tire of rolling around the mountain. There's some other trails around that area that are absolutely gorgeous. They're easier, but really pretty. Trails 111, 112, and 113 off Cuddy Road..and then you have 118/119 ...I was thinking if we were going to keep it local, run the pretty trails during the day and do Miller as a night run..with camping.

Personally, I'll be happy with either Plan A or B..but need ya'll to make it fun!

Who wants to go where??!!
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 09-21-11, 12:36 PM.
    Jeep Girl

I'd love to go to the redrock area, I just love that area for hiking and I'd like to try wheeling out there! My vote goes for Plan A if we have someone willing/able to lead
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
      I'd love to go to the redrock area, I just love that area for hiking and I'd like to try wheeling out there! My vote goes for Plan A if we have someone willing/able to lead
      I'll give it a little time to see if anybody volunteers to lead Plan A...if not, hopefully some others will be interested in running the pretty trails during the day, Miller at night, and camp out Saturday night. I know my buddy Lorenzo wants to ride wherever...and I'm happy either way too.
      Last edited by I H8RDS; 09-21-11, 08:58 AM.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Before anybody gets up to much momentum for Nightmare Gulch it is only open to vehicles the 2nd half of the month. But you could walk it which is almost as much fun. http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=631 on the sidebar. Red Rock is an awesome place to explore. I won't know my schedule of another week, but I would like to get out again.

Mike
        "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
          Before anybody gets up to much momentum for Nightmare Gulch it is only open to vehicles the 2nd half of the month. But you could walk it which is almost as much fun. http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=631 on the sidebar. Red Rock is an awesome place to explore. I won't know my schedule of another week, but I would like to get out again.

Mike
          Hey Mike!

Nightmare's supposed to open right now. I emailed the Parks guy (they have no phone), but if that's the case, LCC would be cool. I've never done all of it, only the last part coming out of Nightmare. Lots of cool stuff to check out on that trail.

****YEP, Nightmare's closed**** made an edit on 1st post. Too bad. Good trail.
          ("July 1st - January 31st = The gulch is closed to vehicle access from the 1st - 15th of every month and open to vehicle access from the 16th to the end of the month. The gulch is open to foot and equestrian traffic the entire month during this time period.")

Thanks for the heads up Mike. You're the Bestest!
          Last edited by I H8RDS; 09-21-11, 01:53 PM.
          Jeep Girl

Comment

going to Calico this weekend...your welcome to join us.

Comment

Originally posted by irace1 View Post
              going to Calico this weekend...your welcome to join us.

Where ya stayin'? When are you getting there? You guys plan on doing Doran, Odessa etc? Can you give us some details?
              Jeep Girl

Comment

we'll be in the campground.....look for a black yj...space a21

Comment

and yes we'll do it all.....friday, Sat, Sun

Comment

I've been to Calico once back in April. Got there after dark and we didn't stay in a campground. I have no idea where that's at, or how to get to where we camped. Maybe if someone else is heading up, we can caravan. I just really don't know the area at all. If it doesn't happen this time, I know some of us locals here at the beach are planning on hitting it up in Oct. Thanks though!
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

Just thought I recomend couger buttes trails also. If you never been there its a pretty good time and lots of soft rocks LOL.

Comment

huh? Soft rocks?? They're all soft..whatchatalkingabout??!! Shoot!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

I've never been, I'd be up for it, but man if we meet up there at 8:00, I'm gonna have to get up early, haha!
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

LOL they are like sand stone and break up pretty easy when hit with something hard. Nice thing about it you can camp (BLM land) and its not to far from Calico (~hour). Heres Cake walk and Hammer down http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...?daysprune=365 There lots of other trails like bull frog and boulder dash also and all are marked. And if you guys really want to get extreme THE HAMMERS is just down the highway. Dont forget cleghorn and 2n17x from silverwood lake to arrowhead all withen hours drive of calico.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                              LOL they are like sand stone and break up pretty easy when hit with something hard. Nice thing about it you can camp (BLM land) and its not to far from Calico (~hour). Heres Cake walk and Hammer down http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...?daysprune=365 There lots of other trails like bull frog and boulder dash also and all are marked. And if you guys really want to get extreme THE HAMMERS is just down the highway. Dont forget cleghorn and 2n17x from silverwood lake to arrowhead all withen hours drive of calico.
                              Beau- you sound like you'd make the perfect tour guide.
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X