Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Red lake and Coyote Lake

Thank you Curtis for the spare Axle Shaft

As I enter the last month before I become a father, I made a trip out to Coyote Lake on September 2nd so I can get wheeling out of my system for a while.....yeah that didn't work, now I just want to go wheeling again.

The drive there was not bad at all. An easy 5-hour drive from Pasadena. Red Lake and Coyote lake are gorgeous! My only complaint about these two trails....I have never encountered such a dusty trail but it comes with the territory. They are not really difficult but both trails have a bunch of rocks through out. Kinda like John Bull you can say. I will go back up there once a year minimum.

I thank everyone who provided input on how to deal with the elevation. Everything went great. I do apologize that this video does not have subtitles so you won't really understand what we're saying most of the time but who really cares - we're just talking smack to each other any way.

You can not watch the video from any mobile device including the iPAD. You have to watch it from a desktop computer. These videos are for memory purposes and to share the beauty of the trails and the fun we had. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/xkA6472xBdk
    Last edited by MrBash; 09-19-11, 07:08 PM.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Nice Jeep and Great Video looks like a lot of fun. The light pole climb on you tube was insane too.
    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

great video. the shaver lake area is one of my favorite areas with trails like coyote lake, brewer lake and swamp lake. how can you go wrong?
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay off of Kurts foot!

Comment

Very nice Shant. As always a great video. The XJ has a few more dents since last time I saw it HeHe.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Always look forward to your vids shant. Look like a fun trail with great scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
              Very nice Shant. As always a great video. The XJ has a few more dents since last time I saw it HeHe.
              Curtis, thanks for the Axle shaft, it came through right when we exited Coyote Lake to head back to our base camp at Red lake at 5:00pm. Thank goodness I picked those up before we went out there otherwise we would have been in trouble. Now I need another driver side axle shaft.

Comment

Great video Shant. I love that trail. Red Lake is one the most beautiful lakes I have been to.
                Check out .

Comment

Khoren with the little pebble took the cake, looks like a great time in the mountains. That area has some stunning scenery.
                  Freddy and me are in dire need of another trip out to the Shaver lake area

Comment

Great video Shant! I'm with Art; The pebble rock stacking was funny. Looks like it was a good time.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Khoren's a comedian for sure. The Dusy Ershim is on the to do list. I tried to go last year - no time. This year - no time. Hopefully next summer I'll have some time. I really want to see that trail after scoping Art's pics about over and over again.

Comment

Dusy Ershim= Wheelin, fun, fishing and grand vistas. You just got to do it bud

Comment

Even though I didn't understand everything you guys were talking about, I understood the most important thing- FUN. Looked like a blast!
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                            Khoren's a comedian for sure. The Dusy Ershim is on the to do list. I tried to go last year - no time. This year - no time. Hopefully next summer I'll have some time. I really want to see that trail after scoping Art's pics about over and over again.
                            If you didn't have time the last two years, good luck finding time with a new member of the family next year.

Congrats again, btw.
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X