Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Playing on Hodge Rd

My son and I went out for a morning of Shooting first and Wheeling Second. Should have just went wheeling… To many issues with the overstock crap ammo to mention… Better to know about it now. Any way onto the real fun stuff. Some of you know I am new to wheeling. I have been pre-running for years. So needless to say I was testing my nerves and see what the jeep can do. Funny I get home DL some of the videos and what I thought was some crazy stuff turned out to just be a little piece of dirt I ran over. Still getting used to this feeling but I can tell you all I really don’t want to go to work tomorrow. I wanna go wheeling.

Having fun,

Danny

[COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Welcome to the madness and that's a really nice Jeep you got there.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Ya Danny- welcome to the sickness. I breathe, eat and sleep Jeep.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Danny,

Looks like a fun day out with your son. Thats the million dollar bonding thing. I like your discription about the trails. I can't believe all the trails I walked several years ago cause they were too steep and scary to me. Most are really just trails running thru the hills! Have fun.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
          Funny I get home DL some of the videos and what I thought was some crazy stuff turned out to just be a little piece of dirt I ran over.
          Yep, photos and videos usually tend to make terrain and obstacles look flat and easy
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
            Welcome to the madness and that's a really nice Jeep you got there.
            Thanks and Thanks. there is so much stuff you can do to these i am not sure where to start and not sure if i will know when to stop...
            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              Danny,

Looks like a fun day out with your son. Thats the million dollar bonding thing. I like your discription about the trails. I can't believe all the trails I walked several years ago cause they were too steep and scary to me. Most are really just trails running thru the hills! Have fun.

Mitch
              Ya i seem to get out alot a check things out. The Jeep was bougth to bring the family together more often. So far it has worked

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
              Ya Danny- welcome to the sickness. I breathe, eat and sleep Jeep.
              Thanks It seems like that is all i can think about now. Sicks i am working 5-10's and Saturdays right now so Sundays are all I can do for the next month or two.

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
              Yep, photos and videos usually tend to make terrain and obstacles look flat and easy
              Ya one of the guys at work said the same thing. We are trying to get a little work crew going their is 1 jeep an FJ and a Mazda Navaho cut in half and moded out as a crawler as well as like 3 F series 4x's. we work right by Asuza and being new to this i have never been through there. probably go one night after work here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                Thanks and Thanks. there is so much stuff you can do to these i am not sure where to start and not sure if i will know when to stop...
                You are never finished. Your truck will just have stages it reaches as it grows up. Just when you think you are happy you will find one more thing to change. Might be a couple years between changes but they will come. Basically the way you use or want to use your vehicle is what dictates the build but as your comfort and ability off-road increases you change the way you want to use the vehicle. That is why you have the saying JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket, however it is not just limited to Jeeps. No matter what brand you and your vehicle constantly evolving.

Welcome to your new addiction. This is a great group of people with tons of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikeman View Post
                  You are never finished. Your truck will just have stages it reaches as it grows up. Just when you think you are happy you will find one more thing to change. Might be a couple years between changes but they will come. Basically the way you use or want to use your vehicle is what dictates the build but as your comfort and ability off-road increases you change the way you want to use the vehicle. That is why you have the saying JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket, however it is not just limited to Jeeps. No matter what brand you and your vehicle constantly evolving.

Welcome to your new addiction. This is a great group of people with tons of knowledge.
                  Nice,

Good to know about the JEEP...
                  list of things
                  Swap the 2.5 Procomp for a 4"
                  Some Bilstein 5160's
                  Build my own Sliders (starts this weekend)
                  Fenders
                  Winch
                  Rear Bumper
                  Air Comp
                  The list goes on i can site he for an hour writting.

Thanks again for the welcome and hope to get out with some MJR members soon.

Danny

Comment

Working...
                  X