Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hammer time...

I am planning a run to the hammers on june 12th. I hope some of the MJR crew can come out for some rocken fun..

I hope you are kidding. You aren't ready for the hammers. You need to be locked f/r with at least 35's. A 4-1 tcase wouldn't hurt. The hammers aren't a joke. They will cause serious damage.
    Last edited by igofshn; 05-25-04, 10:06 PM.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Dude, Anthony..I've seen you wheel....nothing has stoped your TJ yet but Im pretty sure the Hammer trails will bring it to a unpleasent stop real quick....Im skeptical to take my XJ through there. I've been planing a run up to Bronco Peak for that same date, its going to be a great run. There will be a few wild XJ's, WildTurkey from rockcrawler will be there in his TJ and a few others too. Its supposed to be a really hard trail running it the way we are, one of the guys ran it not too long ago and riped the control arm links off his frame, broke the front axle, and snaped the rear drive shaft. This is on an XJ with 35" Boggers and D60s...
      89' XJ, lifted, locked, exo caged.

Comment

I would not in any way recommend you attempt these trails.
        Sledge Hammer

Claw Hammer

Outer Limits

ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
        00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
        97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

I think it would be nice to walk one of the hammers? how long are they?
          B R E T T
          87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
            I think it would be nice to walk one of the hammers? how long are they?
            I generally do more damage to myself while walking on the trail then driving
            00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
            97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

Ill take that as..."these trails are HARDCORE!!"
              B R E T T

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
                Ill take that as..."these trails are HARDCORE!!"

That's putting it mildly.....

These trails are not for the weak at heart. These will eat a Jeep for a snack and then eat another for dinner without even flinching,.
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

These are some of the hardest trails in the country. At the very least you will need; hard lockers or spool front and rear, 35"'s work, 37's make life easier out there. Need upgraded axles [no dana 35's, or stock steering] and steering to handle the tires, skids on top of your skids. Also, you have to remove anything prodruding from the jeep, like flares, mirrors, tail-lights, top, doors etc. or they will self clearance. Mtr's are the tire of choice out there, because they stick best. These trails also eat tires for snacks, before devouring a healthy jeep. Wheeling season is about over out there for us. It's just getting too hot. Season starts again in Sept-nov. Before you decide you want to step up to the challenge that the hammers has to offer, you need to go out and do a ride along with somone to get a real feel and see how hard these trails actually are.
                  00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                  97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

My jeep has dynatrac 60's, 38.5" tires, atlas, nv4500, chromoly steering, etc etc etc etc.
                    I break it every time I go to the hammers.
                    without 2 hard lockers I wouldnt go.
                    I refuse to wheel with a d-35 there.
                    I wouldnt do Big Johnson on less than 37's
                    out of 7 vehicles last trip up wrecking ball, 5 finished, 1 didn't break, and 3 didn't winch... smallest rig was on 35's
                    this is Peteg from this forum... right before the WINCH..lol.. but he was one of the only ones not to break...

be prepared for stuff like this...all this carnage was from 1 trip out there.
                    shaved HP 60 with LOTS of clearance... but not enough...

trail-repaired broken trac bar

and of course, some body damage

notice I have full width axles and I still incurred body damage.
                    I see folks out there that are not prepared every time I go.
                    take your jeep out there, and ride with someone for a day first.
                    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

I can't wait until my Jeep grows up.
                      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I wonder if that was enough to change 03 jeepsters mind, hopefully it does.
                        B R E T T

Comment

Dang, after reading this, even I'm scared of the Hammers.

Comment

I am going to take my jeep out there but I will be riding along for the hammers. I didn't think you guys thought I was that crazy Iwill try some of the littler stuff but not the hammers. Now that we have that straght I think it will be fun to get some nice chalanging stuff for the big boys for once and some for the little ones too.

Comment

so anyone up for this run don't be skered

Comment

Working...
                              X