Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: High Sierra's - 20 Lakes Basin

Our last stop was in the Tioga pass. From Saddlebag Lake we took a hiking trail into the 20 Lakes Basin. I counted 20 lakes before we even got into the basin.

It looks like the posts got put in reverse order - Oh well. This is last of 3 posts.

Last edited by mkjeepers; 09-03-11, 04:54 PM.

Mike, looks like you guys had a great trip and the pictures are spectacular.
    Rich

Comment

Those pictures are like postcards. Very nice work.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
        Those pictures are like postcards. Very nice work.
        You almost couldn't take a bad shot up there, the scenery was picture perfect.

Comment

Stunning scenery.

Comment

I am really glad that you posted these three threads. I appreciate this mostly because that they require hiking and that means that I will not likely see these views without your help.

I bought a Jeep so that I go places without having to hike. If I can't drive there, I am not likely to go. Thank you very much for sharing the stuff that I am very unlikely to ever see. And a Big 'Thank You' to the Sierra Club for working so hard for me to NEVER see! Thank Goodness, that we have folks like mkjeepers that are willing to share what they find...
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Beautiful shoots Mike. That area is spectacular.
              Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I am really glad that you posted these three threads. I appreciate this mostly because that they require hiking and that means that I will not likely see these views without your help.

I bought a Jeep so that I go places without having to hike. If I can't drive there, I am not likely to go. Thank you very much for sharing the stuff that I am very unlikely to ever see. And a Big 'Thank You' to the Sierra Club for working so hard for me to NEVER see! Thank Goodness, that we have folks like mkjeepers that are willing to share what they find...
                You know Mike we've pretty much ran out of places in the area to take the Jeep. The "kids" are intrested in hiking and "camping". Up till now these wern't very appealing to me either. Although there a few Nevada historic mining areas I hope to visit sometime.

....and I am glad to photo the hiking trails for you LOL.....in fact here's a link to the Cottonwood lakes just south of Mt Whitney. We hiked this a couple of weeks ago.

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Comment

mike,

I now see why Deepwater Mike and I should have taken the hike when we were there in July. Beautiful. Gotta love the swiitchbacks going up to the campground. Thanks for shairing.

Comment

I used to live in Fresno. My wife and I don't miss Fresno, but we miss the areas surrounding it. Thank you so much for sharing! AWESOME!

HOOYAH!!!
                    Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X