Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: High Siera's Mines - May Lundy mine

We did a little exploring last week of a couple of the high Sierra mines. Both were at or above the 9000ft elevation mark.

The first was the May Lundy mine above Lundy Lake. It has a usable 4x road to it, but closed of course. It's a 3+ mile hike back to the mine.

Onelda Lake

My new Jeep

Road to the Log Cabin mine

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
    My new Jeep

You can never have too many Jeeps.
    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
      You can never have too many Jeeps.
      Too many Jeeps will grey your hair though.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
        Too many Jeeps will grey your hair though.
        Hey, I represent that.
        Rich

Comment

Mike,
          Nice adventure, awesome pictures, thanks for documenting it. I've been by Saddlebag lake but never took the time to get out and explore. How long was the hike back into the basin?
          I'm going up that way in October and had thought about taking the drive up to the Log Cabin mine. After your pics it is a must do. Outstanding view from up there.

Thanks
          Mike
          "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
            Mike,
            Nice adventure, awesome pictures, thanks for documenting it. I've been by Saddlebag lake but never took the time to get out and explore. How long was the hike back into the basin?
            I'm going up that way in October and had thought about taking the drive up to the Log Cabin mine. After your pics it is a must do. Outstanding view from up there.

Thanks
            Mike
            20 lakes basin starts at the west end-opposite end from parking lot- of Saddlebag Lake. The main trail from the lake, starts at the remote boat dock then heads back into the lakes from there. So within a mile, or even from the parking lot your in doggy heaven. The Log Cabin has great views of the Mono valley.

Comment

Working...
            X