Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monache Jeep Trail

This trail is in the Seqouia National Forest by the Blackrock info station. Just follow the road after blackrock station till you hit Jeep road. This trail was rated difficult on the signs. It's quite simple to go in and to come out. I didn't follow it as far as it could go for fear I would run outta gas. So I followed it to the Snake creek and went back. (4 miles round trip) From what I hear though it goes all the way across the south fork of the Kern river. Alot of beautiful scenery here makes up for the lack of climbing.

Jeep Road

This rock was fun!

This is where I turned around.

[color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Great pictures. I've done a few bike rides throught this area up from 395 over the pass down the river road to Kernville and back to Pearsonville over Walker Pass. But the area around Kennedy Meadows and Sherman Pass were just breath taking. Someday I'd like to come up and explore, high elevation, beautiful sceenary and crisp air. It must be nice to live so close. Good for you H8PVMT.

B&T TJ

Comment

I've done some backpacking up there (middle fork, and the lakes trail, then cross country towards Moose Lake). Beautiful area......
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Without a doubt one of the most beautiful places I have been. Reminded me alot of Wyoming. I'm just glad I stumbled upon it. Had never been up there and never even known they had trails up there. I think I am going to go camping up there for memorial day weekend.
        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Monache Meadows &amp; Sherman Jeep Trail

Hey guys,
          Nice pics, I have several from our trip this Memorial Day weekend out on the meadows. My friends and some members of the Aftershocks 4WD club did Sherman pass Jeep trail and the Monache meadows in the midnight moonlight run. We had 15 Gal of reserve fuel and drove all the way to where the road was closed by the Brown Trout dam on the far NW side of the area. It is a long drive for fuel if you run out so make sure your cans are full. WX was cold and there was some snow on Sherman pass. The southern entrance was closed but northern end was open. We went past the closed sign anyway because we were 100 yds from the end @ that point. There is a fair amount of fire damage in spots on the Sherman peak trail as the fires up there 3 years ago destroyed about 25-30% of the trees. Lots of running water everywhere but bring clothing for cool weather if you plan to be out on a moonlight run. 9,500+ Ft elevation can get mighty chilly! The entire Kern area was packed over Memorial Day weekend so this next weekend will be better traffic wise.

OllllllO Rick
          " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
          Rick W6RE

Comment

My girlfriend and I were up around Sherman/Monache over the weekend too. We did our run on Saturday, mostly on the Monache. At one point we crossed the south fork of the kern river and then ended up at a dead end in the northeast section of the forest. Would have explored more but my GPS doesn't have topo maps and like you said the fuel. My can was empty and I was runnin low. Had a blast up there once again.
            [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Working...
            X