Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherman Pass 4x4 Trail

From what I understand this used to be quite a long and awesome trail. Due to fires a couple years back most of it was closed, but the section I did find that wasn't closed was awesome. Lot's of trees, rocks, and some steep climbs! It's up in the Sequioa Nat'l Forest. (Trail 33E48)

Closed section

Section I found

Wouldn't MJR look good on one of these signs?
    ...and no, I didn't knock this one down.

[color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Looks awesome! Was this your birthday trail run!?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Yeah, it was my present to myself. I give good gifts huh?
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Yes you do!! Your Jeep is lookin' stunning too!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

When we were up on Sherman this past Memorial Day weekend, only the southern portion of the trail was closed. However if anybody came from the North side, they wouldn't have known until you were about 100 yds from the exit on the South side. The passage up to Sherman Peak on the North side of the mountian is very rough and probably not for a stock or nearly stock rig without some trail scars. The scenery and wild flowers make this a must do soon before they all die off for the summer.
          The Rangers on the lower Kern said it was open but at the Black station said it was closed due to snow. The snow patches were minimal and you could drive around almost all of them so it really wasn't a problem and by this comming weekend you may be lucky to see any snow at all! It is melting FAST. I rate it a 5 because of the scenery and remoteness of some of the areas. Yes, it is a long trail and you can do all of it if you like a challenge and can spot the trail with a sharp eye since it hasn't been maintained in parts for the past 3 years since the fires. We did the whole trail including the summit near 10,000 ft.

OllllllO Rick
          Last edited by RangerRick; 06-03-04, 12:47 PM.
          " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
          Rick W6RE

Comment

Nice pics, I have never been anywhere near those trails. They looks awsome, great scenery!

Comment

Working...
            X