Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big Bear Labor Day weekend

Just putting out some feelers....

A couple of us are planning on running Big Bear Labor Day Weekend. Any others here thinking of doing the same? There's 3 of us..would like to get at least a half a dozen going...We'd drive up Friday late afternoon/early evening and return Monday. We'll be leaving from Ventura. Anyone else have plans?
    Jeep Girl

There's a good chance we'll be there that weekend, hopefully with Jeep. I'll watch this thread.

Welcome aboard. Do they still wheel at Arnold beach? Just north of the fence on the beach.

Comment

We will be there Aug 20 21 staying at Hanna Flats and doing some wheeling and some dutch oven cooking Saturday Night.
      2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Sweet! I haven't been out there yet... I know we are planning on hitting John Bull, Dishpan and a couple others..the other guys know where their going.
        Jeep Girl

Comment

If I'm put back together I will be camping at Hannah Flats as well this weekend. I'll probably spend a day in SBNF then head over the hill to Cougar Buttes another day.
          USMC F&AM

Comment

I’m a definite possibility for at least one of the days (how’s that for commitment?). Will keep an eye on this thread.
            Cliff

Update - I will not be able to join you. Thanks for posting the trip. Enjoy the long weekend!
            Last edited by CVD; 08-29-11, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Sure, just let us know..
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Labor day weekend starting saturday night i will be with a group of 5 rigs will be starting at cleghorn and taking trails to holcomb valley where we will camp sunday night, monday were gonna run john bull and maybe gold mountain, sunday we will be on dishpan springs and holcomb creek, we wil probably run into you guys lol

Comment

Sounds good to me!
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

Just touchin' base...anyone planning on leaving Sept 2nd, Friday afternoon/early evening? Can hook up with ya on the road..
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

Sorry...I will be there the next weekend! Skip the Gold Mountain and make sure to hit the Holcomb and John Bull! Dishpan is pretty cool also! :2:
                      Built Not Bought
                      1986 B2

Comment

Originally posted by 59Bisquik View Post
                        Sorry...I will be there the next weekend! Skip the Gold Mountain and make sure to hit the Holcomb and John Bull! Dishpan is pretty cool also! :2:
                        For sure!!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Might be up there with a few samis and some first timers. If they dont go maybe I can meet your group at one of the trails sat or sunday. Dont skip gold mountain its a pretty fun trail with a cool rock garden. Besides with 3 days you can hit them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                            Might be up there with a few samis and some first timers. If they dont go maybe I can meet your group at one of the trails sat or sunday. Dont skip gold mountain its a pretty fun trail with a cool rock garden. Besides with 3 days you can hit them all.

Be cool to meet up with ya..couple of our friends had to bail...JP and I are still planning on heading up Friday. Figured we'd run into plenty of people on this holiday weekend..
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

I just found out that I have Friday and Monday off, I'd love to join yall! yall camping? Or staying in cabins/hotels? I could do either.

What are the trails like, something that can be done on 3" lift and 32s? Never been in that area. I'm in west-LA, I could meet yall somewhere around Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena or something? heading to Ventura would be back-tracking about 60 miles or so for me. Or I could just meet yall at where ever yall will be stopping first in Big Bear. When and where will yall be meeting in Big Bear on Friday?
                              Last edited by daniel_buck; 08-29-11, 11:22 AM.
                              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                              X