Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took my YJ up to JV for the first time last Monday...

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Took my YJ up to JV for the first time last Monday...

She is getting there... Lots of thanks to Tom n Snoopy for great instruction and not allowing me to roll it trying the Rubicon with Tom n crew in 2 weeks...

going with the D20 and Klune combo for the Tcase to make playing with the AX15 easier in the Rocks..

Cougar Buttes is a fun place to put around isn't it?

Comment

I think this just made my mind up... Labor Day at Cougar Buttes camping and testing the new setup.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
        I think this just made my mind up... Labor Day at Cougar Buttes camping and testing the new setup.
        That would be awesome. I could definitely come out for a day and it would be fun to bring my two year old out to play with your son.

Comment

Brett,

Nice conversion on the YJ! You can play for days in that area. after the dozen trails you just start making your own.

Comment

Thanks guys.. I am just trying to get more seat time so I am comfortable playing out there. The Rubicon will be fun I am sure

I am considering the Genright stretch kit after the Dana 20, Kune TC upgrade. Any of yall have any thoughts? I am getting a quote for around $3500 to stretch it including longer arms, gas tank and corners and labor.

Thanks,
            Brett

Comment

Why not go for A 5:1 ATLAS or their 4 speed if they ever start shipping those. 5:1 Atlas should very well for ya and gives you a longer drive shaft. A Klune is nice but it also has very low gearing in other words you go wheel with a group and you will really have to look for a gear where you do not hold up the rest of the group. Other than that it's a really nice upgrade

Comment

Hey any chance your buddy with the silver jeep lost one of those fancy XD wheels' hubcap. I went out wheeling at cougar buttes last night and found one on bullfrog just before the granite v-notch a little west of jeep eater

Comment

I've wheeled with Snoopy for years, and I've know Tom for awhile. He's a knowledgable guy. Any chance Snoopy invited you out to one of our club meetings and/or runs? We're in N. Redondo, not too far from you. Hope to see ya there.
                  It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                  X