Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Holcomb Creek run

We got a bit of a late start, I think it was after 10:00 am by the time we started up the trail head. We had 3 rigs. Josh (Snydercj7), Scott (avjeepfreek), and my buddy Rob with his girlfriend Ashley in his STOCK Toyota truck. No mods except 31" tires that were tread challenged. (He didn't even disconnect his front sway bar). My Jeep is still having several problems that don't seem to want to go away, So I rode shotgun with Scott (avjeepfreek).
    (Thanks for canceling Mitch, I woulda stayed home otherwise!)
    It was great to see this trail finally opened again. Thanks a lot to all those who helped make that happen.
    The weather was perfect! hot, then cool, then hot, then raining, etc.
    I have never done this trail, so I had no idea what we were in for as well as my friend Rob. His stock Toy did the whole trail without any problems at all.
    The trail head was the biggest challenge but once past that, what a beautiful trail. I wish i could have seen it before the fire. A couple more tough spots later on but not that bad. I hope to get my Jeep out on it soon.
    Enjoy the li'l slide show, and I'll include a link to the album if you're interested.
    Thanks for another great time: courtesy MJR!

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/h...eek%207-30-11/

Scott

Thanks for the good day guys, nice to get out on Holcomb again thank you MJR. Good run awesome we got Rob thru with nothing more then a busted turn signal lens. Here are a few of my pics.

Love this shot.

Build it right the first time.

Comment

Looks like a fun day. Sorry I had to cancel, although that worked well for Scott. Get that Jeep fixed!

Comment

Thanks for the invite Josh! This was an awesome run.... Thanks to the MJR AAT Crew you all did an awesome job getting this trail ready!! Those of us who remember what this trail looked like before the fire can sure appreciate all your efforts to get it back in shape! Thanks to Scott for riding along with me, now get that Jeep fixed and we'll run it again!

Scott
        Last edited by avjeepfreek; 08-01-11, 09:19 PM.
        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Well I know I dont have a jeep, but i keep running into MJR members on the trails and i decided to make an account, plus my friend troy (troyboy on this forum) has an account here so i dont think you hate too much on yotas. anyways I was leading a group of toyotas up holcomb and ended up behind you all on this run. I had a white ifs 4runner. Anyways You all seems like nice people. and I happened to get one picture of that last white jeep where the driver had to winch off a rock . Hope you had a great run, there was some heavy traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by j-money View Post
            Well I know I dont have a jeep, but i keep running into MJR members on the trails and i decided to make an account, plus my friend troy (troyboy on this forum) has an account here so i dont think you hate too much on yotas. anyways I was leading a group of toyotas up holcomb and ended up behind you all on this run. I had a white ifs 4runner. Anyways You all seems like nice people. and I happened to get one picture of that last white jeep where the driver had to winch off a rock . Hope you had a great run, there was some heavy traffic.

Hey, I remember you guys. You all had some nice rigs. No hatin on Yotas here. All are welcome.
            Shhhhh, you're not spose to mention the winching... That was my handy work spotting!(or the lack thereof)
            Welcome to MJR,

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
              Hey, I remember you guys. You all had some nice rigs. No hatin on Yotas here. All are welcome.
              Shhhhh, you're not spose to mention the winching... That was my handy work spotting!(or the lack thereof)
              Welcome to MJR,

Scott
              LOL! Scott...... Your spotting is top notch! We'll just blame it on those stupid "Leaf Sprung YJ's"

........it figures that the one picture that someone got of me on the trail is one where I'm stuck and winching myself out Hahaha!!!! ...Oh Well, when the 'ol YJ gets into "Turtle Mode" on the rocks, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not afraid to whip out the winch cable if needed! Heck,....that's what I got it for... Right?

Those Yota's were sweet! and as a former Yota owner myself, I can sure appreciate them! Hope you all enjoyed the trail as much as we did and like the other Scott said you wont find any "haters" here on MJR!

Scott
              Last edited by avjeepfreek; 08-03-11, 10:38 PM.
              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

I must have forgot the mention about this part.......Too cool!

M

Comment

Working...
                X