Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Thank You for Holcomb Creek Tail 7/16/11

A few friends and I want and ran Holcomb Creek, today. The trail was great! A few challenging spots. Beautiful scenery, and a very well groomed trail. Toward the end of the trail there a few people, set up off to the side of the trail. These people were from an OHV volunteer group. They gave us some area maps, and asked us how we liked the trail. Then he told us that the only reason the trail is open again, is because of the thousands of volunteer man hours, put in, to re-open Holcomb. I was impressed, when I heard that, by far, the majority of the work, was done, by,members of MJR!

I would like to thank everyone that put in the work, so the rest of us can play. You did an outstanding job, and it was appreciated, by everyone in our group, today.
    Thank you again.
    :thumbs_up :beer:
    It was like that when I got here.

I thought I'd post this link to Pirate. We are getting some nice reviews over there.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...0#post13122680
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I must chime in as well. I wheeled holcomb quite a few times before it burned and this past week I was able to do it again thanks to the voluteers that put the time in. It seemed a little easier than I remember but the last time I did it was in the snow. The trail was fantastic and it should relieve a bit of the traffic on the other trails in BB. My daughter loved it and we did the trail in about 75 min. I appreciated the brush trimming since my jeep is a 2011 unlimited rubi (I have become a wuss). THANKS to all the folks that helped make this happen.
      It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
        A few friends and I want and ran Holcomb Creek, today. The trail was great! A few challenging spots. Beautiful scenery, and a very well groomed trail. Toward the end of the trail there a few people, set up off to the side of the trail. These people were from an OHV volunteer group. They gave us some area maps, and asked us how we liked the trail. Then he told us that the only reason the trail is open again, is because of the thousands of volunteer man hours, put in, to re-open Holcomb. I was impressed, when I heard that, by far, the majority of the work, was done, by,members of MJR!

I would like to thank everyone that put in the work, so the rest of us can play. You did an outstanding job, and it was appreciated, by everyone in our group, today.
        Thank you again.
        :thumbs_up :beer:
        Times two,... a big thank you to those that made it all happen.
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
        X