Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Rubicon Trail July 8-11

Hey I just got back from 3 days on the trail.It was better than ever and no issues going out to Tahoe.There was a lot of mud and snow and water but not bad at all. We had one Jeep with 33 inch tires and he did fine. Here are some photos. It was an amazing time. I did submerge my Jeep under muddy water but I didn't notice the bypass. We did great and it was really beautiful.I included one photo of me failing to do a back flip off the rope swing at the Springs.Ouch!!!!
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/..._-Sharee-_-Top

Last edited by Red rubicon; 07-12-11, 02:52 PM.

Some nice pictures, really like the one at buck island. Looks like a fun trip.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Gonna have to take a cruise down this trail some time soon, looks gorgeous

Comment

Awesome! It is amazing how deep the water is. I gotta get back to the Rubicon soon!
        Thanks for the pics. Great stuff and it looks like the weather was perfect. (Seriously Jealous!):drool:
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Great slide show, three more weeks of waiting before I run the Rubicon. This is going to be my wifes first Rubicon trip and your slide show was a big hit , THANKS..... Looks like a mud bog after Cadillac Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Man View Post
            Great slide show, three more weeks of waiting before I run the Rubicon. This is going to be my wifes first Rubicon trip and your slide show was a big hit , THANKS..... Looks like a mud bog after Cadillac Hill
            Yes and I still have mud everywhere inside my jeep but it was pretty amazing. There is nothing else like the Rubicon.

Comment

great pics, how was the weather, water temp and bug situation? Ill be headed up early August
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                great pics, how was the weather, water temp and bug situation? Ill be headed up early August
                Weather was mid eighties and we used off spray for bugs so not too bad. Buck island was 46 degrees and the springs was 60 degrees so in August it should be great.

Comment

yea weather is usually amazing in Aug (we go every year) Just curious about water temp since the snow just melted
                  [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X