Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Thank You MJR for all the hard work on Holcomb

Not a member here, but just wanted to say THANK YOU to MJR and everyone involved with getting Holcomb reopened.

I took my new to me 96 Cherokee on her maiden run today. I wasn't sure what to expect since I last ran Holcomb in my built 05 Rubi shortly before the fires took it out of commission for what seems like an eternity.

Well...with a little apprehension 31" tires, 3.5" SA lift and some minimal recovery gear, i figured what the hell..i'll give it shot. I'm happy to report that the trail is in beautiful condition and that I made it out relatively unscathed. It's all in the line right? haha

Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to running it again.

-Paul

I was there today and might have seen you coming off the trail if it was around 2:00pm. Thanks for the complement, there was much hard work just from this last winter to get it open though did maintain it as if it were open for the entire time it was closed, new plan each year... and never gave up. Glad you enjoyed the trail.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sizemic1 View Post
      Not a member here, but just wanted to say THANK YOU to MJR and everyone involved with getting Holcomb reopened.

I took my new to me 96 Cherokee on her maiden run today. I wasn't sure what to expect since I last ran Holcomb in my built 05 Rubi shortly before the fires took it out of commission for what seems like an eternity.

Well...with a little apprehension 31" tires, 3.5" SA lift and some minimal recovery gear, i figured what the hell..i'll give it shot. I'm happy to report that the trail is in beautiful condition and that I made it out relatively unscathed. It's all in the line right? haha

Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to running it again.

-Paul
      First of all, Welcome to MJR Paul! You obviously are a member now.

I'm glad you had fun on the trail. Given how many folks with much bigger tires and far more toys were having serious difficulties today, I'm going to have to say that you are right about the right lines making all the difference!

It was great to see Holcomb open again. I'm glad that you had fun and I hope to meet you on the trails soon!
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

I think Im speaking for our entire AAT Crew when I say YOU ARE WELCOME! We couldnt be happier that its finally open, we are getting a ton of gratification seeing it being used again!

Also, welcome to the board! We're down in Temecula as well Let me know if you ever need work on your Jeep, I have connections

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
          I think Im speaking for our entire AAT Crew when I say YOU ARE WELCOME! We couldnt be happier that its finally open, we are getting a ton of gratification seeing it being used again!

Also, welcome to the board! We're down in Temecula as well Let me know if you ever need work on your Jeep, I have connections

Tam
          Cool, glad there's another local. I'll have to keep an eye out for your ride Hopefully, i won't need any work anytime soon! FYI - if you ever need any auto electric work, talk to Ruben at Audio Evolution, he's a 12v guru.

Comment

I ran the trail this past Saturday with a big group of JKs from another forum. The trail is awesome - thank you!!! (I'm planning to do my part in the future to help maintain the trail through the MJR AAT group.) We met a lot of different people on the trails from different groups: Scouts, Broncos, and Jeeps of all kinds. Pratically everyone I spoke with already knew that MJR was responsible for getting the trail reopened and had very complimentary things to say about MJR. I hope that everyone respects the trail as much as they do MJR.

Comment

Fred(flatout) showed me this trail yesturday as i have never been on it, just want to say thank you to all the AAT people that made this happen. Great trail with some fun spots to boot. My hats off to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                Fred(flatout) showed me this trail yesturday as i have never been on it, just want to say thank you to all the AAT people that made this happen. Great trail with some fun spots to boot. My hats off to you guys.
                Take any pics of the adventure with ole Blue, Beau?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                  We were working the trail yesterday. You should have stopped and said hi. It was great to see so many rigs enoying the trail. Now if we can get them to stay on it.
                  Check out .

Comment

Ran Holecomb on Friday, the first time since it has opened. Was a great day and wow was all of the volunteers hard work apparent!

On a side note, the logs blocking the Lower Larga Flats exit/entrance onto Holecomb were moved and there were lots of tire tracks on the trail? Is this trail open now?
                    '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Terry,

Lower Larga 2N06X is now open.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                        Terry,

Lower Larga 2N06X is now open.
                        Good news, was hoping that someone hadn't just moved it aside...
                        '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

I have to chime in here too.
                          Had a small group on the Holcomb trail on Saturday. never have done it before. Great trail! Thanks so much for all the hard work!
                          There were quite a few out there that day.
                          Thanks again,

Scott

Comment

Anybody got an update on the forest fire in the Holcomb valley?

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              Anybody got an update on the forest fire in the Holcomb valley?
                              Thankfully it sounds like it was a non event thanks to the quick response of fire crews. Here's the story on ROTW:

http://rotwnews.com/section/fire/holcomb/7295

Comment

Working...
                              X